UKFF FPL 2016-17 sign-ups

Fog Dude

The Football* Predictions League will return in a few weeks, and from now on it's ALL IN ONE THREAD~! (But not this one, which is just for declarations of interest.)

The vast majority of participants will be people who've played before, so you all know the drill (yes, 3 D2D teams please). I have cleared some space in my inbox for this purpose. The rest of you will either have to wait for the rules to be explained, or pick them up as we go along.

I sent Harvey Dent a PM last week asking him if he wanted to take over for this season, but he hasn't even read it. The offer for someone else to actually run the thing remains on the table until August 10th, though.

There will be 40 weekly rounds. Most rounds have 10 matches, apart from one triple round, one double round and two 'bumper' rounds. Fixtures chosen normally happen between 2pm on Saturday and midnight on Sunday, with exceptions for August Bank Holiday, Christmas and the New Year, Easter and the 4 international rounds.

Each exact scoreline guessed correctly is worth 3 points, whilst a correct result is worth 1 point. There are chances for bonus points and even a late-season knockout competition these days as well.

*Not the NFL – someone else handles that.

• Paid Members

Alas, I'll be ducking out of this term as my picks are as good as jinxes... when I remember to make them.

seph can be given the cowardice award this year rather than his usual wooden spoon.

Indeed.

Just giving this a bump as it's only a little over 8 days before the card for week 1 is due to be posted. It looks like we have one newcomer thus far, so I guess I'll need to send him a PM about D2Ds. Two people who played last season and have posted in this thread haven't sent me any team choices yet, including the current champion!

One last update on this before the season starts: 

So far we have 10 returning players from last season and two newbies (plus one non-returner who at least excused himself). Former champs hbk4life and TUFCfan, plus BushwhackerDel who used to run this whole shebang, are among the most notable absentees to date, but anyone can join in up to the end of the month.

The Cup is due to start in Week 36, so we don't need to figure out the details for a while yet, but we're so thin on the ground that it looks like the holder and champion will get a bye past the first round.

Everyone who's signed up has provisionally been allocated their first-choice D2D side and a fixture, but that is subject to change if kick-off times or postponements get in the way. Two English Championship clubs were among more than one entrants' picks, whilst the German second tier featured in three third choices, so that division will probably feature at some point. National League South, the Argentine League, A Primeira Liga, Serie A, MLS, the German top flight and English Leagues One and Two also featured... and that's without counting Rory's ever-eclectic choices! Only one national team was picked.

The first set of 10 matches will be up in a little over 25 hours.

Archived