LPW Wrestling presents Rise from the Ashes

LPW

I am curious how many was there

Would say or was? Most companies advertise how many showed up if not then the promoter should know!

With the number being low, it's not something to specifically advertise though is it.

That's not a shot at Adam or LPW in anyway, but specifically advertising that 35 people attended doesn't look great. Instead, you talk about what happened on the actual show.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He ran a show with 35 people, still 35 more than anyone else here. Onwards and upwards Adam

Now is that true? Besides, the aim of promotion is to make money. If someone drew ten and made a profit, they did a better job.

My i ask why are you all interested in the attendance for, for what i can see all what matters is it was a good show. To answer your question i would of said 35

That's a real shame. Seems as though you put a lot of effort into promoting this show. Physically, that is, with posters and such. Interviews with local papers and media should have done a lot for you.

Don't see it as a bad thing. Keep going.

I would of guessed more than 35.

There was posters all over Leeds for this show, I would defo attend the next show.

The wrestlers gave there all in each match and most of them I've never seen live, with the exception of a few.

I loved the fact you could meet all the wrestlers after the show and you could tell the kids loved meeting them too.

I did love the live entrance for Priscella defo added something.

This is a defo purchase for me when this gets released on DVD.

Thing is, even if there were only 35 there, if everybody enjoyed the show as much as Bradford then those people will potentially tell folk to come to the next show and your attendances will increase. Keep going Adam. You've made some obvious improvements, just look at the difference in the comments on this thread compared to the last two.

Is Ricky involved in the next show?

I made a mistake when i posted 35, I was just told there were 53 people. Most of the fans who were there have said they will come back. Ricky is involved as a match has been announced.

A survivor Series 8 man elimination match.

The UK Hooligans and 2 others vs The Superflys & Special Edition

• Paid Members

He has also just said 50+, which isn't daft.

Martin, I'm pretty sure you are based in the north east like myself and as we know, 50 would have been a decent turn out for the likes of the IWF or whoever else is running these days. It's not bad numbers for a small promotion who have just recently started to take things a bit more seriously (promotion/paper articles etc).

The other thing is (regardless who the promoter is) he actually has talent on his card, unlike the majority of shite arses up here, so will likely build on those numbers.

If a promotion can put on a good show, get posters, flyers, stay away from working men's clubs, news paper articles out in the region, stick to a weekend when possible and realistically, the closest weekend after the last day of the month (pay day). Things will likely get better.

This guy has been promoting years! He isn't new at all.

Some good workers on the show, getting in the paper, and the posters design are good.

Re your point about North East wrestling, you must be living in the dark ages. IWF? Yeah 50 in was good. You now have What Culture drawing 200 - 800 depending on size of show, ICW doing 400+, MEW do 200-300 every show, Absolute do 100+, plus others. There's a lot of dross in the north east but a lot pulling in more than 50!

Archived