Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Moderators

Normal paper for the first wipe to get rid of the bulk of the shit. A moist wipe for tidying up & another wipe with paper for drying. Squeaky clean & you don't need to have any plumbing work done.

Those moist wipes are really bad for plumbing, apparently. They say flushable but still cause havoc. And I did it all myself - it's really easy, no plumber involved. Only took about an hour, including drilling and mounting.

It's not an issue of time. With dry wipe you're going to smear an amount of shit into the hairs on your arse sometimes (If you've got a hairy arse that is, of course). It's just a matter of fact that is impossible to avoid.

I'm a piano player with dextrous fingers, so I can pinpoint my arsehole with laser-like precision. I appreciate that the sausage-fingered among us might not be able to though and may end up smearing Nutella all over the undercarriage.

By all means, keep fingering your dirty butthole in your delusional fools paradise. Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I'll keep doing that, while you pretend that it's completely normal to spray what is basically a mounted fire hose at your arse on a daily basis. Lord knows we should be taking personal hygiene lessons from the French.

Edited by Gus Mears

Every now and then when you open a tin of baked beans (Heinz)  there's far too much tomato sauce in it ?  I fucking hate it when you have to drain some of the shit off to prevent the other food on your plate from swimming in the fucking stuff. Some tins seem more watery then others. 

who fucking poors a whole tin out? just spoon out what you need

Who said anything about using the whole fucking tin?  My gripe is that certain tins seems to have a watery tomato sauce.

• Paid Members

I'd really like to know what Malbranque's take on all of this is. He's a man who appreciates his badge and you would imagine that he would have a PHD level brain on what constitutes good and improper gutter cleaning.

Edited by Gus Mears

Having a bit of a head vs heart moment here. I've been offered some TV extra work but they want me to be clean shaven for it (why I'm not sure, I've done this exact role on the same show before and they encouraged me to keep my beard), so I turned it down. Partly because since I've had a beard (going on 12 years now) I've always said I would never go without one, partly because fuck the hassle, a whole number of small reasons really. I think about the money and how it'll grow back pretty quickly, but that makes me feel like I'd be selling out, and I don't want to change who I am for a job. I'm still thinking about calling them back and saying I've reconsidered, but I'm still on the fence. I'm kinda making a pros and cons list, money is the only pro I can think of as yet, and for as much as I'm thinking fuck being a sellout, it's still making it a hard call for me. I know I'm being an idiot here by saying no but when it would involve going against my principles, I still kinda feel like I'm in the right.

This is probably one of the deepest trains of thought anyone's ever had about whether or not to shave.

• Moderators

It's a fucking beard. Just shave it off. It's only hair!

I always have a beard and I look pretty stupid without one, but seriously. It'll grow back.

Save making a principled stand for when it actually fucking means anything and it's not about hair on your face. They're not asking you to go against your morals or beliefs are they? It's tv work and they want a particular look.

In this particular debate, your heart is being an idiot. Go with your head.

If you feel that level of dependency in your beard it will probably do you good to get rid of it, in fact, and realise that the world didn't end when you did.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

It's not like having your bollocks chopped off or having your tubes tied, your beard will grow back. Unless you have some sort of Seasick Steve situation going on and you are emotionally over-attached?

Having a bit of a head vs heart moment here. I've been offered some TV extra work but they want me to be clean shaven for it (why I'm not sure, I've done this exact role on the same show before and they encouraged me to keep my beard), so I turned it down. Partly because since I've had a beard (going on 12 years now) I've always said I would never go without one, partly because fuck the hassle, a whole number of small reasons really. I think about the money and how it'll grow back pretty quickly, but that makes me feel like I'd be selling out, and I don't want to change who I am for a job. I'm still thinking about calling them back and saying I've reconsidered, but I'm still on the fence. I'm kinda making a pros and cons list, money is the only pro I can think of as yet, and for as much as I'm thinking fuck being a sellout, it's still making it a hard call for me. I know I'm being an idiot here by saying no but when it would involve going against my principles, I still kinda feel like I'm in the right.

This is probably one of the deepest trains of thought anyone's ever had about whether or not to shave.

I did some TV extra work about 18 months ago when I was unemployed.  I had to travel to Swansea and back for it (about an hour each way, travel expenses not included) and got told when I arrived that they had to cut my hair or I'd have to go home without pay, so I begrudgingly agreed.  They gave me this shit haircut, and then I proceeded to stand around outside in the freezing cold for 9 hours.  My car broke down on the way home and, like a dickhead, I didn't have breakdown cover so I paid £70 for emergency breakdown recovery.  The car cost £60 to repair, so if you include my travel costs the entire day cost me about £160.  I only got paid £90 for the fucking work, and it didn't arrive in my account until 3 months later.

I'm not saying your experience will be similar, but I definitely blame the haircut.

Edited by Slapnut