"He's wearing the crimson mask"

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I've stuck TUF 4 on in the background while I'm pissing about this morning. I'm on episode two at the moment, completely forgot how bloody the Edwin Dewees vs Gideon Ray fight was. Jesus fuck. I can't find a good picture of it but Dewees' head was pissing blood. His bleached hair had turned pink by the end of the fight, the full on Ric Flair look.

What are some of the bloodiest fights you've ever seen? Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon was pretty fucking gruesome, and pretty fucking great...

Miller%2BLauzon.jpg

And of course, Cain vs Bigfoot 1 looked like something out of Jaws...

cain-bigfoot-bloodbath.jpg

Recommend me some bloody fights!

tumblr_m5bh6byr7d1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Edit - sweet, just seen the preview for the next episode of TUF 4 and it's the one when Marc Laimon shows up and starts pissing Matt Serra off.

• Paid Members

Of course, the best fight ever, featured in my sig, had Rory and Robbie looking like something from Hellraiser, Rory leaving with a smashed nose and a face covered in blood, while Robbie ended his evening with ano horrific split lip. I'm on my phone at work, so pictures can wait.

• Paid Members

Jarrod Hess bled all over the place against Hector Lombard during Lombard's reign of terror in Bellator...

story_11949_jared_hess.jpg

not bloody, but Jarrod Hess was always the victim of this horrid knee injury during a Bellator fight with Alexander Shlemenko:

hess.jpg

• Paid Members

Wasn't as bloody on re-inspection, but still, Mark Hominick's head towards the end of his match with Aldo was disturbing. Was terrified that, after such a good match, Aldo would burst the bloody thing, there'd be blood everywhere and the fight would end by doctor's stoppage.

This was pretty nasty. Stevenson's bloody mug was papered over a few UK Newspapers in the days following the fight. 

As it was 2008 - and MMA was just starting to take off in England - I'm not sure whether if it was ideal for the sport's image. On one hand, it gave them national publicity. More than they'd had previously. On the other, it gave credence to the "bloodsport" moniker.

penn_vs_stevenson21.jpg

Stevenson, that's it! fuck knows why I typed Diego I must have had Sanchez on my mind  :D That was the show at Newcastle as well was gutted when a few mates dropped out of going with it being so close to me

It's possible you were thinking of both.

hqdefault.jpg

• Paid Members

What quickly becomes apparent from seeing bad cuts and talking about bloody fights is just how nasty elbows are. Im not if its entirely sure if its true but they always said Pride never allowed elbows because of the cuts it caused...and i cant ever really recall a bloody Pride fight? Memory might be off but i can't. There was some fucked up beatings (see Arona/Sakuraba) but was there ever a real bloodbath? I cant think of one.

Archived