UFC 198: Werdum vs Miocic

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New card after the Silva pull out

Champ Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic – for heavyweight title

Vitor Belfort vs. Ronaldo Souza

Cristiane Justino vs. Leslie Smith

Corey Anderson vs. Mauricio Rua

Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Matt Brown vs. Demian Maia

Yancy Medeiros vs. Francisco Trinaldo

Nate Marquardt vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos

Rob Font vs. John Lineker

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:45 p.m. ET)

Patrick Cummins vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Luan Chagas vs. Sergio Moraes

Renato Moicano vs. Zubaira Tukhugov

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd choice to move to the main card, Alves vs. Barberena. I know I've seen Alves fight but I can't specifically recall anything he's done, and Barberena killed the Sage hype train. Seems weird to move those two up when you've got name guys like Maia, Brown, Marquardt and Little Nog still on the prelims. Even Medeiros and Lineker are great action fighters. If Alves has done something better than those two in the Octagon, ignore my minor gripe.

Very disappointed about the loss of Anderson. On paper, I was cautiously looking forward to Silva vs. Hall the most (even if I thought Hall didn't deserve the opportunity). Now, Anderson vs. Whittaker in Sydney later this year, pls. :p

• Paid Members

the UFC never tends to move featured headline fights anymore probably because they've been advertised to headliner their portions of the show. Personally i probably would have moved Font/Lineker but it doesn't really matter.

• Paid Members

i've added a couple of things to my acca this weekend, i've got Font/Lineker and Brown/Maia to go more than 1.5 rounds...what exactly does that mean? does it need to beyond 2 minutes 30 of round 2? might seem obvious but i aint 100% sure.

I've also got Cyborg KO, Anderson by decision and the main event to end by KO or submission.

anyone else having a go?

• Paid Members

Can't believe people are rooting against Werdum?!? He's the man & he's been fucking awesome on this run. Bunch of savages.

I liked him until that face. I saw it once when they cut to him in the crowd at a show, and I laughed. Then he did it again. And again - it's annoying now. So fuck him. And he had a beef with McGregor, so that didn't help.

• Paid Members

I'm with Mike 100%. So what he does a silly face? Werdum is brilliant. Way more likeable than Miocic, Velasquez and especially Overeem. The only times I've ever rooted against him were when he fought Nog and Hunt, who are basically my heavyweight Wandy and Shogun.

• Paid Members

I'm with Mike 100%. So what he does a silly face? Werdum is brilliant. Way more likeable than Miocic, Velasquez and especially Overeem. The only times I've ever rooted against him were when he fought Nog and Hunt, who are basically my heavyweight Wandy and Shogun.

You know why I don't like it Wand, it's because this is the UFC Heavyweight Champ. Traditionally when you see the heavyweight champ you say that that's the baddest man on the planet. When Werdum does that face it almost feels like he's taking the piss looking like a goofy turd. I just don't buy him as a badass when I know I should. He even does it during his weigh ins. I know it seems a bit OTT. but fuck that face.

• Paid Members

I used to love him, Wand - loved him in Strikeforce and his entire UFC run until that face became overused. It's not because he's the UFC HW champ & shouldn't be acting goofy - it's just the annoying face - that's it. The same reason I hate Jim Carey & Harry Hill. They pull wacky faces. I hate wacky.

• Paid Members

I can't root against Werdum here. I watched the Miocic media scrum last night and he's one of the blandest personalities in the sport. Instead of using the time to promote he acted like a supermarket checkout bloke just hurrying through to the next question whilst giving the bullshit, lifeless, generic responses I've ever heard.

Team Goofy Face FTW.

Archived