WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
With GTA5 for the Xbox apparently needing an installation, it looks like I'll need to but a new hard drive, as my 20gb is practically full as it is (and I've had plenty a cull to free up space as it is). What is the best suggestion here- but a flashdrive or external hard-drive for it? If so, which ones are compatible/recommended? Or is it best to buy a bigger Xbox hard drive (which are quite cheap in CEX), and if so is the transfer process a right pain in the arse? I know you have to buy a specific transfer kit.

Any help much appreciated!

First off: old-style xbox or new?

Mrs Sagat cosplay. Kinda horny.

sagat1.jpg

From http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/07/25/bes...play-ever-pics/

• Paid Members
First off: old-style xbox or new?

Old, oh so old. 20GB original model. Tried using a stick with a 2gb SD inside last night to free up some space and that worked, but I'm interested to know what options I have. As the laser is playing up, I might want to install all my games.

Has anyone played Broforce on here yet? it's free to download an early version of the game and it is tons of fun. Throughout the game you can unlock different characters to play as such as Arnie from Commando, Rambo, Walker Texas Ranger etc

http://www.freelives.net/broforce/

Check it out

Edited by BxB Hulk

• Paid Members
Has anyone played Broforce on here yet? it's free to download an early version of the game and it is tons of fun. Throughout the game you can unlock different characters to play as such as Arnie from Commando, Rambo, Walker Texas Ranger etc

http://www.freelives.net/broforce/

Check it out

Can it be played on a tablet? I'm using a Nexus 7.

Do you need to download unity web player?

I think the Spartacus Legends game is XBox live only. Sounds similar to the old Barbarian game.

Check this review out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2LWKSAy5KY

Edited by BigJag

The Spartacus legends free game in the PlayStation store that was talked about a couple of pages back. Is it available as for life of me I can't find it

I have it on Playstation, but could only find it on the US store. Havent managed to play it yet though as the servers are always down.

Just completed Machinarium last night. Fantastic game and would recomend it to all if you like puzzles and games that make you think. Completed Heavy Rain last week also, which was actually a lot more fun than i imagined. Will play it through again sometime but make different choices to see how it affects the story. It's basically a film you play, for want of a better description. But everything you say or do changes the outcome and the direction of the story.

Edited by truthofsin

Phil Fish has had a massive fanny fit on Twitter and cancelled Fez 2 to the surprise of nobody - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/27/fez-ii-cancelled

You're such a twat. The guy is incredibly passionate however obviously quite thin-skinned or severely lacks confidence, and the little keyboard warriors have sucked all the love out of it with the abuse they give him. This isn't a good thing, the industry needs more indie developers with his talent not less.

Of course when it's independent retailers being threatened you're up in arms, indie developers not so much.

EDIT : Also, add me into the Broforce lovefest. Wonderful little game.

Edited by Megan Midas

• Paid Members
Phil Fish has had a massive fanny fit on Twitter and cancelled Fez 2 to the surprise of nobody - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/27/fez-ii-cancelled

You're such a twat. The guy is incredibly passionate however obviously quite thin-skinned or severely lacks confidence, and the little keyboard warriors have sucked all the love out of it with the abuse they give him. This isn't a good thing, the industry needs more indie developers with his talent not less.

Of course when it's independent retailers being threatened you're up in arms, indie developers not so much.

EDIT : Also, add me into the Broforce lovefest. Wonderful little game.

Did you even see Indie Game: The Movie? The guy is a pleb.

What happened here wasn't a barrage of the internet having a pop, Marcus Beer from Gametrailers called him out on his shit attitude and so he took to Twitter, told Marcus to kill himself and threw out the "Say it to my face" and "You'll hear from my lawyer" cards. Then people started telling him he was being a dick and he threw a big strop and cancelled his game.

The guy is a turd who made one good game and fucked that up at every step, it was a miracle it even came out. The industry doesn't need any more people like him, it needs competent people who don't let tiny bits of success go to their head and who don't fuck up the creation of their game at every turn and blame everyone else for it.

fish-meltdown-5.jpg

fish-meltdown-4.jpg

fish-meltdown-3.jpg

fish-meltdown-2.jpg

fish-meltdown-1.png

Edited by TripleA

Did you see the video? Beer could be labelled as big a pleb as Fish is, he was having a rant because Fish and Jonathan Blow didn't give comment on some indie story that was doing the rounds. They might he leading figures but they aren't obligated to comment on every little thing that the journos decide they are spokespersons for. He called them both dickheads, and singled out Fish calling him a wanker, etc. So, Fish being a) Constantly highly stressed/strung (as evident in Indie Game the Movie), very protective of his product, and generally thin-skinned had a freakout at him on twitter. Not the most sensible thing to do but then all the fanboys jump in and Fish decides he's had enough of it all.

Fish is guilty of a lot, but Beer is a bully and an arsehole. When Fish had his meltdown he was crowing about it on twitter, and joking with some of the more vitriolic bandwagon jumpers. He said what he said for a reaction, and he got more than he could ever want.

• Paid Members
Been looking this story and that Fish guy up and it looks like a classic case of likes to dish it out but can't take it to me. Basically one arshole made another arshole cry and go home with ball in hand.

That's exactly what it is. Beer is no angel in this, but he's "The Annoyed Gamer". It's practically his job to rant and have a pop at things. He called Fish and Jonathan Blow (made Braid and when less-than-stellar reviews started getting released, went onto sites and forums and started slating the reviewers and commenters) out for being thin-skinned, hypocritical and generally arsey with people they want to buy and review their games. Fish could have sucked it up and move on but instead he had a big cry about it. Genuinely hilarious and everyone except his biggest fanboys have treat it as such.