WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

You guys love to shit on the little guy. Poor Microsoft. Actually, if I wasn't saving for my gaming PC, I'd have picked up a PS4.

Although, if you were a 360 guy last gen, you may be interested to know that Xbox 360 games will run on the Xbox One, as announced at E3 just now.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

100 games scheduled for launch in the fall, with hundreds being added every month. If you own it on disc or digitally you can play it on XB1 so long as it's in the catalogue. That's a huge swing out of the park for MS, since Sony are going to be charging for the ability to stream games on their older consoles.

Xbox. And get EA Access. You'll get a bunch of games in their vault. They just added Titanfall. And I completely missed it, but FIFA 15 is on there now.

I concur with this fellow. EA are wankers, but EA Access is quality. I haven't had to buy NHL, Madden or Battlefield and I probably would've paid for all three.

They also just announced that Dragon Age Inquisition will be in the vault at the end of the summer.

Also! MS announced a RARE retrospective collection out in August featuring 30 games from their library covering their 30 year history. A fantastic line-up of titles, but most importantly MOTHER FUCKING KNIGHT LORE is on it. Add Atic Atac, Conkers, both the N64 Banjo games and a heap more classics and this is a must buy.

• Paid Members

Although, if you were a 360 guy last gen, you may be interested to know that Xbox 360 games will run on the Xbox One, as announced at E3 just now.

That's a massive fucking game changer for me. I think that's going to swing it for me.

I forgot E3 was this week. Where can I go for a good summary of the conferences? IGN is insufferable these days.

• Paid Members

Polygon or The Verge

MS also announced a cool looking pirate MMOy type game. And a new Steam-style early access program, with Elite:Dangerous being available from today. Pretty great E3 from MS.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I was so fucking scared that they were going to end the Dark Souls 3 trailer with "Exclusive to Xbox One", I'm still pissed that Bloodborne is PS4 only.

Also:

So much to try and take in, and those little twin snakes...

I am on Xbone, but that is mostly because my friends are and I want to play games with them. Question to the PS4 fans (particularly those of you who have played on both) - what makes it better?

It's mostly graphical differences and framerates etc. If you look for the XB1/PS4 comparison of GTA 5 for example, the PS4 really shows up the XB1 version. PS4 has (arguably) the better exclusives too, not to mention games like Bloodborne, according to it's developers, were only possible on PS4. XB1 apparently couldn't even run the engine, not sure how true that actually is though.

PS4 is "future proofed" too. It might be a couple of buzzwords, but current PS4 games are said to only use 10% of the consoles full capabilities. Take it with a pinch of salt. As someone who had a PS4 since release date and an XB1 for only a week before selling it. You're better off with a PS4.

• Paid Members

Re: the graphics, is it really much of a difference? I can't see how it would be.

I can definitely live with slightly worse graphics, especially as I probably won't be able to notice the difference like one of those cola challenges. It's hardly going to be a Wii-level difference in graphics.

• Paid Members

At this point, with consoles, there's only so much you can do graphically. PS4 is for sure the better console graphically, but IMO if you want to utilise your 360 back catalogue and if Xbox is where your friends play, I'd go with Xbox.

• Paid Members

They're both awesome bits of kit. If you have lots of friends on Xbox go with that, if you have lots of friends on PS4 go with that.

If you have a 360 and you are upgrading to next gen, its a no brainer surely, especially after yesterdays announcement. And Rare Replay!

Im a PS4 player and definitely considering trading in for an Xbox with EA Access

EDIT - I don't know much about Xbox's version of PS Plus, but PS Plus has been painfully dull over the last year or so

Edited by waters44