WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Just downloaded Resident Evil1 on Xbox one, Ive lost count of how many times I've bought this game but its still one of my favs, loving replaying it at the minute

Got this last week too and it's great fun yet so much of it seemed totally new which got me wondering if my mind was playing tricks.

I went through the game with Chris and the ending seemed a total non event. Tyrant went down in about five hits from the Magnum (so far so good) without putting up anything resembling a fight. From there i released the lass from the prison cell, get to the rooftop and that was pretty much it. Cut scene with a helicopter taking us away and the credits roll.........now given it has been 17+ years since i played the original i was positive, especially given how little resistance he put up downstairs, that the Tyrant made some sort of final hurrah and you had to take him down with a bazooka prior to the afore mentioned helicopter rescuing you once and for all?

Great deal, Stylin!

I've mentioned it before but no one replied back, does anyone play Last of Us online? It's such a great mode. I had Last of Us for ages and never even thought of checking out the Factions online mode. It's 2 teams of 4 with 20 respawns each...you have to be sneaky and preferably stick with your team unless you're packed out with lone wolf perks. If you want to play, add me - Tallica1981. 

Just downloaded Resident Evil1 on Xbox one, Ive lost count of how many times I've bought this game but its still one of my favs, loving replaying it at the minute

Got this last week too and it's great fun yet so much of it seemed totally new which got me wondering if my mind was playing tricks.

I went through the game with Chris and the ending seemed a total non event. Tyrant went down in about five hits from the Magnum (so far so good) without putting up anything resembling a fight. From there i released the lass from the prison cell, get to the rooftop and that was pretty much it. Cut scene with a helicopter taking us away and the credits roll.........now given it has been 17+ years since i played the original i was positive, especially given how little resistance he put up downstairs, that the Tyrant made some sort of final hurrah and you had to take him down with a bazooka prior to the afore mentioned helicopter rescuing you once and for all?

You got the bad ending then. This also happens in the original PS1/Saturn Resident Evil. For Chris's scenario. If Rebecca is killed by Plant 42 or the random Hunter Encounter that happens somewhere in the Mansion, she won't be there at the end to start the bomb countdown, thus Tyrant won't make his appearance at the Helipad.

The same applies for the Jill scenario, if you tell Barry to go first in the sewers, fail to give him his gun during the Lisa battle, or if he dies at any point during the Lisa battle, again he won't be around to trigger the bomb that leads to the Tyrant appearance.

Saving Jill/Chris in the lock-up at the end won't give you the good ending, you need the companion that shows up throughout the story to survive.

Edit: Back in school, I was the only one of my friends to experience the good ending, which they all called bullshit on, so I had them round and had to prove it to them.

Edited by neil is brill

So many games waiting to be played, and all I want to do is play Destiny. It's got me hooked, completely and utterly, I haven't had another game in my PS4 in months and the Xbox hasn't been on in even longer. Anyone else still on it nowadays?

Hoping to get a PS4 this month. There are no bundles that interest me tbh, so i may just buy it separately and then get Dying Light and The Order.

Unless I see a deal with one of those games thrown in. Probably get it from Game as i have £20 credit there, so ill see if I can get some sort of deal with at least one of those games.

Wanna get Zombie Army Trilogy too when it's out.

Edited by zep81

You got the bad ending then. This also happens in the original PS1/Saturn Resident Evil. For Chris's scenario. If Rebecca is killed by Plant 42 or the random Hunter Encounter that happens somewhere in the Mansion, she won't be there at the end to start the bomb countdown, thus Tyrant won't make his appearance at the Helipad.

The same applies for the Jill scenario, if you tell Barry to go first in the sewers, fail to give him his gun during the Lisa battle, or if he dies at any point during the Lisa battle, again he won't be around to trigger the bomb that leads to the Tyrant appearance.

Saving Jill/Chris in the lock-up at the end won't give you the good ending, you need the companion that shows up throughout the story to survive.

Edit: Back in school, I was the only one of my friends to experience the good ending, which they all called bullshit on, so I had them round and had to prove it to them.

Bloody hell, i honestly had no idea about that and just read up on it having seen your reply. 12 possible ending apparently depending on your character choice.

You were spot on BTW; i negotiated the plant OK but Rebecca was murdered by the hunterby the time i got back. Plus i didn't get the medical serum back in time to save the injured guy, whether or not that has any bearing on the final outce i dont know?

Anyways got the bug now and went and bought Resi Evil 4 off the PSN Store.

In other news just discovered i need a £30 for an adapter for my Turtle Beach X12 to work on the ps4......meh!!

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

Saving the guy with the medical serum only keeps him alive long enough for him to die saving you in another event, so he dies anyway. Again, where he saves you is dependant on who you're playing as. Doesn't affect the ending at all, but he gives one character a new shotgun, can't remember who though.