WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

It sounded like more of the same and very average at best, which I don't really have time for. I don't game that much these days so only really want to play properly good games!

I think if I played it, it might just sour me on the whole franchise, like I got disenchanted with the Assassin's Creed games because they stagnated a bit...

Oh, whilst I am here.. I keep forgetting to thank PunkStep and Onyx2 for their mobile gaming recommendations. World of Goo and Mini Mix Mayhem both lots of fun. World of Goo, particularly, was exactly the kind of thing I was after. Any other suggestions of original mobile titles like that would be most welcome!!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

the one for DC universe online was also great.

It really was. I'm not a huge fan of super hero films, games etc. but I downloaded the DC Universe game on the PS4 and didn't touch it until a week ago. I sat and watched the 10 minute intro and it looked fucking brilliant. I would much a prefer a proper souped up CGI super hero film/TV show than a live action one based on this alone.

• Paid Members
Oh, whilst I am here.. I keep forgetting to thank PunkStep and Onyx2 for their mobile gaming recommendations. World of Goo and Mini Mix Mayhem both lots of fun. World of Goo, particularly, was exactly the kind of thing I was after. Any other suggestions of original mobile titles like that would be most welcome!!

No worries. I haven't played it myself, but Contre Jour might be worth a go if you liked World of Goo. Very good reviews and quite a few people say it's similar to WoG (that's a terrible abbreviation now I've typed it). It definitely has the same kind of art design to it.

• Paid Members
If you're in any way a fan of South Park, you MUST play Stick of Truth. It's full to bursting of in-gags and nods to the show, a great script and a solid RPG mechanic. Just wonderful.

Agreed. Finished it this morning and it's fantastic. The day I got it, I didn't stop playing for 10 straight hours, which is something I don't think I've ever done with a game before.

If you're in any way a fan of South Park, you MUST play Stick of Truth. It's full to bursting of in-gags and nods to the show, a great script and a solid RPG mechanic. Just wonderful.

Agreed. Finished it this morning and it's fantastic. The day I got it, I didn't stop playing for 10 straight hours, which is something I don't think I've ever done with a game before.

I have a little girl, so that prevents me from playing it when she's around but I do plan to finish it by next weekend. So so so good. Found myself grinning from ear to ear for most of the game.

• Paid Members

For sure. Its genuinely like being in the show. Its great work

Wanting to play through GTA V again and wanting to play the South Park game are the only reasons I miss my PS3. Hopefully if the prices drop enough I might pick one up again by the summer.

Recently bought a PS Vita just to take advantage of the Playstation Plus package. Wasn't really sure how I would get on with it but I'm playing it more than my PS4 at the moment. The remote link up to my PS4 is nice and smooth but I can't get used to using the rear touch pad for the L2 & R2 buttons. Wish there was a better way to do it.

As far as Vita games go I'm really enjoying Guacamelee which is a nicely made and fun old school platform type game with added humour. Also playing through the Uncharted game, Gravity Rush, Smart As... and Sonic Racing Transformed and all are pretty decent. Nice system with good games overall.

Edited by Steve Justice

I have a little girl, so that prevents me from playing it when she's around but I do plan to finish it by next weekend. So so so good. Found myself grinning from ear to ear for most of the game.

I finished it the the other day and it is fantastic. If you're not a South Park fan it's probably awful but if you are a fan it's a real treat.

I picked up an Xbox One and Titanfall yesterday. Titanfall is ridiculously fun to play, very cool. Maps are really great too. Though somewhat disappointingly, it seems really limited. Only 6 match types, no single player, lacking the customisation depth that most FPS online shooters now boast, no local or private multiplayer. You can't even rename your custom load outs. Obviously they can add more with updates, but I'd disappointed I they'd charge for it. Obviously map packs they will but it just seems like half a game for full price at the moment, even as good as it is.

I finished it the the other day and it is fantastic. If you're not a South Park fan it's probably awful but if you are a fan it's a real treat.

I picked up an Xbox One and Titanfall yesterday. Titanfall is ridiculously fun to play, very cool. Maps are really great too. Though somewhat disappointingly, it seems really limited. Only 6 match types, no single player, lacking the customisation depth that most FPS online shooters now boast, no local or private multiplayer. You can't even rename your custom load outs. Obviously they can add more with updates, but I'd disappointed I they'd charge for it. Obviously map packs they will but it just seems like half a game for full price at the moment, even as good as it is.

I love Titanfall,, for the same reasons. It's limited, but they are rolling out content as they go. private multiplayer lobbies are getting added soon, and they will be adding more match types and options as they go. I'd rather this finely tuned, tightly packed game rather than throwing in more stuff and potentially throwing it completely off balance. For now anyway..

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong it is a real fantastic experience to play. The good way out does the bad, and even the bad isn't bad, it's just odd. I got mine in the bundle deal with the console anyway, so I'm not complaining about value, it's just those little bits that are standard in pretty much every online shooter these days that you'd expect in a focused multiplayer game like this that just aren't there for now. But to actually play, it's awesome. It even manages to be fun to play if you totally suck at it.

• Paid Members

I'm tempted to get a PS Vita. Any thing I need to know before I do? Like does it HAVE to be online to play games? Because the wi-fi only version is cheaper. Anybody have horror stories to put me off? What's everyone's general thoughts?

I'm tempted to get a PS Vita. Any thing I need to know before I do? Like does it HAVE to be online to play games? Because the wi-fi only version is cheaper. Anybody have horror stories to put me off? What's everyone's general thoughts?

It's a top notch system, but make sure you get the older version, not the new slim version. The screen on the slim is inferior to the older one.

I've had my Vita for about a month and I'm on it all the time. I got the wifi only version too but I've never played online so I can't really say how good it is.

What you will need though is a memory card if you intend on downloading games. If you're already a Playstation Plus member then you know you get a couple of games each month in with that package, but you're going to need a big (official Sony) memory card to store them all. I went for the 32gb memory card which cost me about