Wrestlers you met that were dicks

kidkris

So ive seen a few things on here in the past about when you have met wrestlers and they have been complete douchebags, So i thought we could have a place were we can all share stories ext. British/American/European......lets hear em.

When i was about 15/16 i got invited to go to a smackdown vs raw superstars game tournament in the printworks in manchester. No one knew which superstars would be appearing but everyone seemed to be really excited and it was a good laugh all in all. I met rey mysterio, ric flair, john cena, (2 diva's which for the life of me i cannot remember) and a few others. 

All the superstars stopped for photo's and autographs ext and seemed to be happy to be there all apart from 1 man........Visera. He was a complete tool to everyone and even made a young child cry cos he wouldn't sign anything or take a photo with him. He came, lost the match on the game and stormed off in the biggest huff.

Ric Flair was happy to shake everyones hands ext but the jobber wouldn't stop for a little child.

Dick

Only 3 come to mind, but two of them I met again a year or two later and they were cool, so bad days I guess.

JTG and Justin Gabriel - but both were totally different second time.  Understandable really, signing autographs or whatever for 2 hours nonstop.  Can't be easy.

Robbie E, definitely the only 'superstar' wrestler I've ever met who I actually thought was complete dick.

This sort of Thread's been done before. But who cares? I noticed Foley and Styles were the two names that popped up the most the last time it came up

I'm happy to say I've had mainly good experiences, but there's only two that stick out

X-Pac: Was nice to begin with, but looked on in disgust every time someone brought something to get signed. I'd asked about this before the show and the promotor was ok with it. But he was storming off each time. It didn't help I was feeling ill on the 2 hour coach journey. So his attitude really stank. I forgot to get a photo with him I asked for. In hindsight, glad I did. Worst guy I've ever met.

Madison Rayne: I've met her twice on back to back Fan InterActions. The first time, she was really nice, but the second, I found her quite obtuse to fans ahead of me who brought a bikini shot to get signed. Commenting something along the lines of "My proudest moment. My father must be so proud" She begrudgingly signed (more of a scribble this time) my Jokers Wild II DVD and programme. If you've met them more than once, you can brush the first bad one off as having a bad day or vice versa. I'm happy to assume she was having a bad day. Perhaps in part due to her not being in the show that night, but that sort of thing I mentioned was a trifle unnecessary.

AJ Styles comes to mind for me as someone who wouldn't stop for a photo, wouldn't even exhange pleasantries while scribblinf a signiture. At the meet & greet after the TNA Coventry show he wouldn't acknowledge anyone and when I asked for a picture, his response was something along the lines of fine, but I ain't stopping. He had a face like a slapped arse as well, pretty poor considering it was part of a paid for, TNA meet & greet.

Sticking with TNA meet & greets, I had one year at Wembley where Mangus was on his phone taking a call the entire time, just giving his signature & carrying on like it was fine, again in a paid for meet & greet. Doug seemed pretty embarassed next to him.

Colt Cabana is the final guy, he seems to have got worse & worse in recent years. Unless your blowing smoke up his arse & more importantly giving him money, he is a complete blatant carny arsehole. To the point of not even exchanging words if he thinks you aren't going to purchase anything (which has cost him a sale from me on 1 occassion).

• Paid Members

From this card

WCW @ London, England - December 12, 1991 (5,700)
Steve Regal pinned Terrance Taylor
WCW Tag Team Champion Dustin Rhodes pinned Oz
Arn Anderson & Larry Zbyzsko defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin
Sting pinned the Diamond Studd
WCW US Champion Rick Rude pinned PN News
Bill Kazmaier fought Johnny B. Badd to a double count-out
Rick & Scott Steiner defeated WCW World Champion Lex Luger & Mr. Hughes

They had decided that wrestlers would walk to the back then wait for a lift to take them away from the fans....Needless to say being quite young andvery over excited i tried to touch and or get stuff signed by these guys as they stood at the lift door. (without security) Arn and larry where not nice to me at all. To be fair i think they where playing Kayfabe up and probably pissed at being left to get on the lift without anyone to bat the pesky kids away. 

Met AJ Styles in Jan and he was pretty cool with my kid, obviously getting paid handsomely by 5 Star and having just signed a WWE deal (this was a week before the Rumble) would do that to a person. That said, I still got the impression that AJ is shy/awkward in these situations.

Colt Cabana is the final guy, he seems to have got worse & worse in recent years. Unless your blowing smoke up his arse & more importantly giving him money, he is a complete blatant carny arsehole. To the point of not even exchanging words if he thinks you aren't going to purchase anything (which has cost him a sale from me on 1 occassion).

It's funny you say that mate cos i have met colt on a number of occasions & which colt you get means how easy/hard is your weekend going to be.

When in a good mood he is awesome though, You can tell he is all about the money he made wrestle road diaries that was dead successful were now about to get the 3rd installation. 

It's funny you say that mate cos i have met colt on a number of occasions & which colt you get means how easy/hard is your weekend going to be.

When in a good mood he is awesome though, You can tell he is all about the money he made wrestle road diaries that was dead successful were now about to get the 3rd installation. 

• Paid Members

So here we are in doing this thread again, where we once again learn that wrestlers are human beings who have bad days, where their impressions of you or just general mood in the moment, will effect your impression of them.

(For the record - X-Pac was lovely to me and AJ wasn't chatty but give me a free pic, so whatever).

AJ Styles wouldnt sign my LAX shirt at a house show in 2008. Literally every single member of that show signed it except for that little bitch Styles.

Hernandez lifted my cousin over the barrier and gorilla pressed him and AJ Styles wouldnt scribble on a t shirt.

Hope Jericho kicks his head in tonight.

• Paid Members

Alex Shelly was a twat. Seemed arrogant and aloof and just didn't want to be there or thought he was too good to be there.

Matt Morgan at the same meet and great was great, he was clearly tired and bored by TNAs poor organisational skills but still chatted with people and did what he could.

AJ was super cool with me and chatted for a while but I've never heard of anyone else say that, same with CM Punk who usually gets a slagging from those who've met him.

But Colt, yeah.. If you ain't buying his badly bootlegged RoH DVDs and filling his pockets with shekles he wouldn't talk to you. A man after my own heart.

I've only ever had one bad experience out of the many I've met. It always its pays to be nice/personable rather than shoving a camera in their face. So what if one wants you to buy an 8x10 in exchange for a pic, its their livelihoods. As Benno says, sometimes, just sometimes people have off days.

At meet and greets most wrestlers are cordial at least. If you are hassling them pre show or at their hotels then just be happy if one gives you the time of day, especially to a leather jacket wearing 30-40 something year old with questionable body odour.

Archived