UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've decided to give myself a break from House Of Cards by watching Embedded. Anyway, it's been completely at the back of my mind that Holly "Bill Burr" Holm v Miesha "What an arse" Tate is the co-main. Proper excited to see how this one plays out too, as I have no idea how this is going to go down - you also have the Rousey rematch on the line too. Hopefully Holm smashes her because she's the most likable fighter in MMA.

I'm sort of disliking McGregor fights now because there are some weird nerves due to the fear of the fun getting stopped, even more this time because Diaz beating him is a waste.

Its funny you said that cos i was thinking before that fucking hell holm vs tate is the co-main.....

I almost feel sorry for them because they have been overshadowed completely by the machine that is mcgregor.

I'm so tired but not a chance am i not watching this live and seeing a guy that i will go on record and say i idolize Connor, Just because you can see how much he loves this sport, He lives and breathes it and just belongs at the top of the bill every single day.

• Paid Members

you also have the Rousey rematch on the line too.

I'm not sure about that. I heard recently that Ronda is looking to return around November time, which will be a year after her loss to Holm. Can't remember where I heard that now but I'm thinking it was from Rogan on his podcast. If she doesn't end up fighting until November, I think we're almost certain to see the title defended again before then. I could see the Holm/Tate winner vs maybe the Nunes/Shevchenko winner around the time of the Aug/Sep PPVs. Especially if Holm beats Tate tonight, she's said a lot recently that she wants to be an active champion. Can't see her wanting to sit out from March to November waiting for Ronda, even with the huge payday it brings. Holm seems confident enough that she feels she won't slip up anyway, so she'll keep taking fights rather than sit out waiting for the big one.

• Paid Members

Argh, what?! Bloody Rousey, thinking of her health!

Of course, you could potentially do Holm/Tate 2 in the summer, should Holm lose a tight fight. It's what I'd do anyway, that way you at least get another shot at Holm v Rousey 2.

• Paid Members

Yeah sure it was Rogan I heard say it. Just done a bit of Googling and Dana said the same about Rousey/November as well. Although he did say Rousey WILL likely fight the Holm vs Tate winner in November.

"Holly Holm will fight Miesha Tate on March 5," White said. "The winner of that will fight Ronda, probably in November."

Still can't see it if Holm wins though. She's strikes me as a Chuck Liddell type who will take fights even when she's got THE money fight already in the bag. Like the time Chuck fought Babalu when he already had the shot at the winner of Tito vs Ken 1 sewn up. If Holm beats Tate and comes out of it healthy, expect Holm vs Nunes or Shevchenko or whoever else is knocking around in the summer. Then fuck knows what Rousey returns to. Hopefully it'll work itself out and Holm keeps winning. The more wins she gets in between now and Ronda's return, the bigger the rematch will get.

I'm the wrong side of 40. I'm recently divorced and I'm going through hell. My parents live in rural Ireland and my mother is worried about me. My parents are in their 70s. I was just having a nice conversation with with my mother about the issues in my life and she cut me off with the following.

"I'll call you tomorrow, son, I have to go and pick up (a cousin) and his mates to take to (another cousin) because the Conor fight is on at theirs, and your dad (massive boxing fan) is there already"

I love that

What a stupid fucking idiot.......who lets someone with the power of diaz hit them freely.

Gutted absolutely fucking gutted and i bet dana is too...... I'm not saying he won't come back from it but it will take time.

Jesus Christ.

He battered him. McGregor might have cut Diaz up, but Nate kept hitting him, boxed him into desperation and then took advantage with a choke.

Conor just bought into his own hype and over reached.

His hands down nonsense is fine with smaller blokes, but Nate kept connecting. Once Conor went for the takedown you knew it was over.

The partys over folks, just before 200. Jesus Christ. Bet Dana's fuming.

What a stupid fucking idiot.......who lets someone with the power of diaz hit them freely.

Gutted absolutely fucking gutted and i bet dana is too...... I'm not saying he won't come back from it but it will take time.

You're new to this aren't you?! Diaz has never been known as a power guy. I'm honestly surprised his shots had such an effect. I think Conor was too.

Ah well, back to the movement space. He'll be facing Edgar at 200 one would imagine. Certainly not fucking Lawler. I can see Edgar beating him now, too, if his confidence has dropped.

Can't believe some on here are giving Diaz a chance. A full camp Nate Diaz would still be getting smoked, this is going to be a walk in the park for McGregor. The odds are the way they are for a reason.

The real contest on this card is Tate/Holm.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Really enjoyable card for me, including the prelims.

The McGregor stuff feels unimportant to me, when I expected to feel deflated. Like, it's not going to stop him being him, and at the end of the day a Featherweight champion was beaten at Welterweight. All it taught us about McGregor is that he's insanely confident and isn't going to turn down money fights.

He did tell Nate to get comfortable at 170 tbf!

Thought Tate was awesome in the co-main, great performance.

I bet a Tate/Nate double made a few quid.

15/1 I've seen peeps on twitter had. 

He did tell Nate to get comfortable at 170 tbf!

Thought Tate was awesome in the co-main, great performance.

I bet a Tate/Nate double made a few quid.

15/1 I've seen peeps on twitter had. 

I'm surprised people didn't listen to the more experienced MMA fans on the board. Wand, David and others kept pointing out this wasn't going to be as easy as people thought.

Styles make fights people and Nate is a long awkward motherfucker.

Archived