MMA Awards Nominations 2015

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Nominations are open until the 1st of January, at which point the proper voting will start.

Please nominate up to three choices for each of the following awards, clearly stating the specific award your nominations are for.

Best Fighter

​(both male and female fighters are eligible for this)

Best Fight

Best MMA Event

Best Fighter

- Conor McGregor

- Joanna Jędrzejczyk

Luke Rockhold

Best Fight

Lawler vs Rory - UFC 189

Arlovski vs Browne - UFC 187

D.C vs Gusty - UFC 192

Best MMA Event

UFC 187

UFC 189

UFC 194

Edited by jimufctna24

• Awards Moderator

Just to say with this category, you're gonna have to help me out a bit when you're nominating, because I know nothing about UFC. Particularly in the Fight category, just putting surnames or first names might make for some confusion later on where I've put the same fight up for voting twice without realising, or something.

I'll nominate Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor for Fighter, because they're the only two I've really heard of this year who made me want to look into what was going on in UFC.

• Paid Members

Obviously nominate whoever you want but I'd have thought Ronda's crushing loss to Holly Holm would've eliminated her from the race for Best Fighter this year. She's still undeniably one of the UFC's biggest stars but the one sidedness of her loss to Holm makes it difficult to argue her case for Best Fighter for me. Way more worthy candidates.

I was going to wait until tonight's show was over to do this, just incase something crazy happens tonight, but sod it. Here's mine;

Best Fighter:

- Conor McGregor

- Holly Holm

- Luke Rockhold

Best Fight:

- Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 2 (UFC 189)

- Daniel Cormier vs Alexander Gustafsson (UFC 192)

- Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum (UFC 188)

Best MMA Event:

- UFC 189

- UFC 194

- UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs Boetsch

I wanted to put Joanna Jedrzejczyk in the Best Fighter race but went for Holm in the end for the Rousey win alone. Never have I done a 180 on a fighter like I have with Holm the last couple of months.

Rockhold has had an incredible year as well. Him taking Weidman's unbeaten record has kind of been overshadowed by McGregorMania since last weekend but the way in which Rockhold beat down and finished Weidman really was one of the best performances I've seen from any fighter this year. Add in his dominant win over Machida and, man, it's hard to leave him out of this. Can't stand the smug cock but fair's fair.

And McGregor will piss this, I imagine. And rightly so really. 13 seconds. Jose Aldo. 13 motherfucking seconds!

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Best Fighter
"The Notorious" Conor McGregor

Rafael Dos Anjos

Luke Rockhold

Best Fight
Robbie Lawler v Rory MacDonald (Fight of the century!)

Jon Jones v Daniel Cormier

Gonzaga v Cro Cop II

Best MMA Event

UFC 189

UFC 194

UFC 187

My top two fighters were really easy this year. Whatever way you want to look at McGregor (fights or business or profile) he's the King. Dos Anjos has delivered two of the most dominant title performance this year against two incredible fighters.

It was between Rockhold, JJ and Mighty Mouse for the third spot and you can make a great case for all three of them - I went with Rockhold because I think he's battered a tougher division than the other two.

Lawler v MacDonald is my favourite UFC fight ever; what a brutal war. Jones v DC was about as engrossing a fight as I've seen this year, such was the immense build and memories of it seems to have been lost in a smoke of hit-and-runs and McGregor/Aldo/Rousey, which is a shame. I gave the final spot to the Gonzaga/Cro Cop rematch because it was such a satisfying ending (up there with any McGregor fight) and as it now turns out the perfect end to Cro Cop's career.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Best Fighter

Conor McGregor

Holly Holm

Joanna  jedrzejczyk

My vote goes to Jo J, just due to her being so dominant as the champion of her weightclass and being the secondary champ amongst the women, which kind of makes her the 3rd rate and she is still dominating.

best event

best fight

Rousey V Holm

Rockhold V Weidman

McGregor V Mendes

Best Fighter
-Conor McGregor
-Holly Holm
-Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Best Fight
-Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald
-Daniel Cormier vs Alexander Gustafsson