Dynamite Kid clone ... Davey Richards

Arthur B. Funky

What a fantastic start to a thread. Nearly one sentence.

Anyway.

Davey Richards is constantly citing Dynamite Kid as an influence - see this article on Fighting Spirit Magazine's website for an interview with the man himself. It's pretty much a Benoit-esque Dynamite tribute act - headbutts, kicking the shit out of people, generally being a stiff twat etc.

I bet Davey doesn't pay his Sky bill either.

As an aside, that false tattoo/body paint looked so shitty that I assumed it HAD to be a proper tattoo, because surely nobody would let that be painted on them temporarily. There's a level of stupidity for wrestlers with tattoos, and the stupider it is, the more permanent wrestlers seem to want to make it.

I read this recently in an interview with him about why the Wolves turned down NXT :glare:

They had some names and I said well could I be something Billington because well Tommy Billington is The Dynamite Kid, my number one inspiration in wrestling. They were cool with it and it was all good.”

I read this recently in an interview with him about why the Wolves turned down NXT :glare:

They had some names and I said well could I be something Billington because well Tommy Billington is The Dynamite Kid, my number one inspiration in wrestling. They were cool with it and it was all good.”

Don't see that being too bad though. Kevin Steen is Kevin Owens because his fave wrestler was Owen Hart. Shit, Steen even called his son Owen.

• Paid Members

Is that why? I assumed he just picked it because it was his son's name. Fits in with his 'doing it all for my family' thing as well.

That's exactly how I read it also. Aswell as it giving him the KO initials. I think even in wrestling its a bit iffy naming offspring after a hero. I did bring up Hislop Howie Albert as a name too by wife do when she was pregnant. Got a slap I'm the bollocking for that 1.

Is that why? I assumed he just picked it because it was his son's name. Fits in with his 'doing it all for my family' thing as well.

Yeah he probably chose Owens because its his sons name but he called his son Owen because he was a huge Owen fan so, ostensibly, his wrestling name is also inspired by Owen Hart.

Curtis Axel's son is called Brock. Admittedly thats cos him and Lesnar are pretty good chums rather than hero worship but, still.....

• Paid Members

Curtis Axel's son is called Brock. Admittedly thats cos him and Lesnar are pretty good chums rather than hero worship but, still.....

That's worse if you ask me. Unless he's lost a bet too Brock Its cringe inducing

That's worse if you ask me. Unless he's lost a bet too Brock Its cringe inducing

Archived