The Brain of the UKFF - The Grand Final

Glenryck Pilchards

The first result is in:

Shy Dad 2 - 2 Carbomb; so we go to average percentage over the five quizzes:

Shy Dad 77.60% - 75% Carbomb

So Shy Dad progresses to the next round!

Here are the latest scores of the other games, Only quizzes completed by both players registers a score

martyngnr 1-0 Slapnut (after two quizzes)

NearFall 1-1 Krytie (after three quizzes)

patiirc 1-0 Grecian (after two quizzes)

Ultimo 0-0 Nexus (Nexus hasn't started his quizzes yet)

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jesus, that was close!

Props to Carbomb, I can only imagine he had me on the countries and maybe the Time faces, stadiums was obviously a strong point for me and the periodic table is somewhat infused in my memory from days of 3 hour triple science lessons.

Can't believe I made the final 5, I thought my quiz knowledge was alright but I didn't think it'd be anywhere near where it would need to be to possibly win. Super chuffed.

• Paid Members

Jesus, that was close!

Props to Carbomb, I can only imagine he had me on the countries and maybe the Time faces, stadiums was obviously a strong point for me and the periodic table is somewhat infused in my memory from days of 3 hour triple science lessons.

Can't believe I made the final 5, I thought my quiz knowledge was alright but I didn't think it'd be anywhere near where it would need to be to possibly win. Super chuffed.

hogan-warrior.jpg

Surprised I've come this far to be honest having just survived most weeks. Having a good knowledge of 90's football and wrestling should only take me so far.

Was pleased to see the Periodic timetable.

The constant scrolling up and down, and generally forgetting the alphabet, got me on the capital cities one.

Enjoyed this immensely.

Dammit! Bloody Wrexham cost me on the promotion quiz.

Congrats Patiirc, go on and win the whole thing!

Many Thanks, I thought that had bollocksed this up this week and was so nearly right. Periodic Tables was a struggle as was the Time Magazine thing, was typing surnames of 60's icons hoping for the best,  Football was fun, basically supporting lower league teams has it's merits. as for Transformers, completely forgot Whirl, was kicking myself after that. Wan

Any other week I would have been proud to have bowed out.  I doubt I will win the bloody thing, too many gaps in knowledge.

Commiserations Grecian, a worthy challenger indeed

• Paid Members

Gutted to be out too, but I can't complain after a performance like that. Shy Dad's the Big Dog now. Really annoyed at myself on the Periodic table - it's one of the ones I do regularly to keep myself sharp, and I missed three. Same with the capitals one.

Fucking football stadia, though. I knew sport would be my downfall.

• Paid Members

Gutted to be out too, but I can't complain after a performance like that. Shy Dad's the Big Dog now. Really annoyed at myself on the Periodic table - it's one of the ones I do regularly to keep myself sharp, and I missed three. Same with the capitals one.

Fucking football stadia, though. I knew sport would be my downfall.

This makes me think it may have been Time and Stadia that got me through, as my stadia I pretty much nailed everything from Prem to Conference and that would have bumped my average up massively. I definitely missed more than 3 on the periodic, maybe 10-15 in the end.

• Paid Members

Here are the latest scores of the other games, Only quizzes completed by both players registers a score

martyngnr 1-0 Slapnut (after two quizzes)

Finally I got my Guns N Roses round.  :thumbsup:

Struggled on a couple of the others though. For the Rugby one I just ended up putting in typical Welsh names. 

Archived