The Brain of the UKFF - The Grand Final

Glenryck Pilchards

• Paid Members

World Cinema against a Film and Screen Studies student, finally my degree may have a purpose ;)

EDIT: Having completed all 5 I can safely say that was my most fun week to do. Fault In Our Stars, World Cinema and being fairly lucky that I knew some players from watching Bath City and Hereford play over the last few years against Chester. Just want to go on record and say thanks to Glenryck for organising all of this, has been an incredible use of my summer and got me back into loving quizzing. If I'm out this week, maybe I can deal with my dissertation now...

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, THANK YOU GLENRYCK and a speedy recovery to your Grandfather

Easily the toughest round we've done. Well done to whoever picked Streets of Rage, well and truly stumped on them all to be honest. Chuffed to have made the top 5. Whoever wins this is a deserved winner.

World Cinema against a Film and Screen Studies student, finally my degree may have a purpose ;)

EDIT: Having completed all 5 I can safely say that was my most fun week to do. Fault In Our Stars, World Cinema and being fairly lucky that I knew some players from watching Bath City and Hereford play over the last few years against Chester. Just want to go on record and say thanks to Glenryck for organising all of this, has been an incredible use of my summer and got me back into loving quizzing. If I'm out this week, maybe I can deal with my dissertation now...

Chester haven't been in the same league as Bath since reformation and only played Hereford twice so fair play for remembering any Chester FC players, some completely random names from the Evo-stick days

There were a few names Id completely forgotten about, most likely 1-2 game loanees.

• Paid Members

God am I thinking of the other Chester before reformation then? Didn't even realise they'd reformed so recently. I plucked one or two that I know moved on from Hereford/played us and then some from Football Manager games (lower league is more fun than always winning) but I swore Bath were in the Conference when they were. Damn Rugby towns ruining my brain.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather GP, you should have put this off for a few weeks i doubt any of us would have minded.

Urgh. Frasier is so shit. 

Congrats, ultimo. 

No one would beat me at frasier tbh, thanks to constant repeats on Channel 4, Paramount and Comedy Central i've seen most episodes a dozen times. I think i got lucky in beating you if it wasn't possible to pump in random words ending in ium i would have been screwed.

Bugger. i knew there'd be one.

At first glance this round looked a nightmare but random words and names has saved me again. i did awful on Streets Of Rage 2 though, when i saw the retro game was SOR2 i was overjoyed i used to play it constantly but quickly found out i didn't remember most of the characters. Great choice seems to have stumped most of us.

That Streets of Rage quiz was mine, sorry. If it helps I didn't 100% it because I cant type quick enough.  Chester and Aberdeen was pleased to do well ish on considering and I havent even seen Our Fault in the Stars, so like the Beatles one, it was type the obvious words and guess. Films one confused me for a bit but did okay.

I am soo gunna be last this week Tori and not Saul Tigh.

The results are in and it is incredibly close at the top.

There is only 3% separating the top three which includes Shy Dad, Ultimo and patiirc

So that means we say goodbye to Krytie and the frontrunner for most of the competition Martyngnr.

The first person who has reached the final is.........

PATIIRC!!

So the remaining spot is between Ultimo and Shy Dad

I can reveal that there is only 0.8% separating the two budding the finalists

Your second finalist is............

SHY DAD!

Congratulations to Shy Dad and Patiirc, you will receive your quizzes over the weekend when I get chance which will decide the Brain of the UKFF.

Commiserations to martyngnr, Ultimo and Krytie. It was a great achievement to get this far.  

Edit: Here is the link for this weeks scores - http://d.pr/i/1ldZi

• Paid Members

0.8%! if only i'd gone with the harder foreign film quiz i might have stumped Shy Dad a little more.

Congratulations to Shy Dad & Patiirc and well done to GP for running this so smoothly. hope there's another quiz soon.

It was all a bit pot luck man, there was directors I saw that I've studied and worked a lot of them, years was a big thing to start guessing on influential cinema. Nailed most of Asia as we spent ages on it one year, got none of Africa as we spent nothing on it. Was really just pure luck than anything (just like the fact I may end up with a 2:1)

Have to say, everyone's congratulating, but to the 3rd-5th guys, congrats to you guys too, this has been running for weeks and weeks and you've shown yourselves to be incredible quizzers too.

Now I just have to do Carbomb proud ;)

Not surprised I'm out. Looking at my averages, throughout the whole competition, I have overachieved, well happy with 5th. Would definitely like to see a return to this competition though, great fun.

Congrats to martyngnr for the highest overall average so far.

Unlucky Ultimo, congrats on 3rd place.

Best of luck to patiirc and Shy Dad, going to be a clash of the titans. Worthy winner whoever wins.

Archived