truthofsin

• Paid Members

I read the topic title and wondered why this was in off-topic…

Can’t say I have. What sort of things do you put in your smoothies? And do you have a solid meal for dinner, if you have smoothies for breakfast and lunch?

I read the topic title and wondered why this was in off-topic…

Can’t say I have. What sort of things do you put in your smoothies? And do you have a solid meal for dinner, if you have smoothies for breakfast and lunch?

I just have the one smoothie in the morning, then a solid healthy meal in the evening. If i get hungry inbetween i'll have a cereal bar or something. But i've generally only eaten 2 meals a say for the past decade anyway lol.

The recipe i'm using at the moment is one of my own. I did a lot of research and tried to pack mine with as much good stuff as i could for nutiritional benefit and it doesnt taste too bad at all. This will make just over a pint. Once blended enough it will be smooth and easy to drink. The ingredients are all cheap enough, the only expensive part of the whole deal was the blender itself which set me back £90, and that was on sale. Worth the investment though.

1 stick of celery

1/3 of a cucumber

1/2 apple

1/2 pear

handful of kale

handful of spinach

4-5 stems of parsley

1/2 a lemon (unpeeled)

1 inch of ginger

1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds

125ml Splash of almond milk

Does it taste rank? Also have you generally been leading a healthier lifestyle or are you putting feeling better purely down to the juice?

I've cut out a lot of crap i was eating, but haven't started doing more exercise or anything. So the feeling better is purely down to diet, and the juicing is half of that. I've had a couple of failed experiments trying other ingredients out. But the green one i came up with tastes clean and fresh. The almond milk gives it a smoother finish and the lemon gives it a citrus kick. I can happily drink it.

I did (Kale, Spinach, Cucumber, Carrots, Apple, Lemon) 2 ltrs a day for 50 days, that's it, no food. It was proper rank, just held my breath and downed in. I stuck with it, as did a weekly video blog, which made me accountable to myself. Lost just over 3 stone in 50 days.

Apart from the first week which sucked, the rest of the time I felt normal, didn't really get hungry, and toilet visits were fine. Since finishing about 8 weeks ago, I've put a stone back on, but I've also started weight training at the gym so some of that is muscle.

The main thing it did for me was change my pallet, before I wouldn't touch veg, now I'll eat anything.

• Paid Members

I have done a juice diet before. I last 8lbs in 7 days the first time. I followed Jason Vale. I must say that I agree, I would "consume" more Veg in a juice then I would in a week. once I came off I ate raw for about 2 weeks two. I havent jucied in about a year and slowly, through lack of exercise and poorer eating habits, I have put the weight back on so time to dust of the juicer.

It does change or eating habits for the better I would say and the juices are often not as bad as they sound.

I juice rather then have smoothies. Massive difference between the two, pros and cons for both,

Juice cleanses? have read they can do more harm than good since you're substituting a lot of good stuff for well, liquidized stuff. Article about the negative aspects of them here I think you get celebs who advocate them on Twitter & such, but it's better to eat healthier. But if it's working for you, then keep on with it.  

You must be absolutely starving. I like smoothies, but unless a meal has a healthy serving of protein and carbs I feel like I'm losing weight while eating it. I'd probably go down to about 8 or 9 stone if I just drank 2 litres of smoothy a day.

Archived