truthofsin

• Paid Members

Bought a juicer a few months ago with all the good intention in the world of making a really healthy habit of it. Not as a meal replacement or anything, just as a means of getting all the extra vitamins and what-have-you that you get from fresh produce. Got bored of it after a couple of weeks though, it's a bit of a bastard to clean all the components and having to buy a fuckload of extra fruit and veg with the weekly shop was a ball ache and expensive.

Juices can be really tasty though, even ones that are packed with horrible boring vegetables like carrots go down well if you just put something else in there with a sweeter taste like apples or pears.

My blender takes 30 secs to clean. I just run it under the tap once i've finished using it. quick go over with a sponge, rinse again and leave to drain.

I couldn't live off smoothies alone, would kill me i think. But as a replacement for my breakfast, then a proper (yet healthy) meal on a night is working quite well thus far.

• Paid Members

Usually have a fruit, veg and protein filled shake to start off the day. While bacon is clearly better, the juice way has helped me drop a few stone.

While only having juice during the day is rubbish, a relative dropped a lot of weight sticking to that diet recently.

Considering starting something like this but can someone just answer a quick question for me?

What's the difference between juicing and smoothies?

Basically I can't afford to buy a juicer but have a blender.

Looking to swap breakfast and lunch out for a smoothie mid morning to try and drop a few stone!

Considering starting something like this but can someone just answer a quick question for me?

What's the difference between juicing and smoothies?

Basically I can't afford to buy a juicer but have a blender.

Looking to swap breakfast and lunch out for a smoothie mid morning to try and drop a few stone!

Fibre. When you juice you are removing the liquid from the solid. Most modern juicers have a box to collect the fibrous pulp. Smoothies retain all that pulp. I opted for smoothies as that fibre is good for you and blended down as it is is digested easily.

After a lot of research i settled on this blender http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/food-preparation/juicers/ninja-nutri-bl450-blender-black-silver-10086633-pdt.html and it does the job extremely well. It blends everything down a lot more than the regular blender i used to use when i first tried homemade smoothies a few years ago. It's actually a more powerful blender than the Nutri-Bullet a lot of people swear by. Any blender will do, but may not blend everything down as well. Depending on what you're putting in it this might not be an issue though.

Archived