Blue & Black or White & Gold?

Steve Justice

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Where the fuck are you morons seeing white? The top right corner of the photo is white (where it's overexposed) - and that's not the same as the dress.

No need to get so aggressive just because you don't understand how colour works.

Hint - the "photoshop dropper" technique is not scientifically sound.

• Paid Members

Where the fuck are you morons seeing white? The top right corner of the photo is white (where it's overexposed) - and that's not the same as the dress.

How so? It's 100% sound - it has no agenda - it shows the actual colours of the dress as they are in that photo. Do you see white or black or gold in that image I posted? Because they're the exact colours from the photo.

(I'm taking the piss, BTW in an "OMG how are you all so stupid?" kinda way - so relax with the "aggressive" lark)

• Moderators

How so? It's 100% sound - it has no agenda - it shows the actual colours of the dress as they are in that photo. Do you see white or black or gold in that image I posted? Because they're the exact colours from the photo.

(I'm taking the piss, BTW in an "OMG how are you all so stupid?" kinda way - so relax with the "aggressive" lark)

Because of the way a camera reads and processes the information it takes in. It is just as subjective and faulty as an eye. With a different white balance setting, the grey you've posted could easily have come up as something else (or any other number of settings that could be adjusted to similarly disrupt your super scientific findings).

Furthermore the dropper gives you only the colour of the one specific pixel you've clicked on, which again is not how colour perception works, because it works by context.

So yeah.. Great work there, Hercules Einstein.

Archived