The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Currently watching last Sunday's show while sitting on my couch (having a short break):

Quick thoughts while everything is still fresh:

- Fun match and awesome finish with Rocky Romero and Josh Bodom

- Big fan of Sha Samuals. Great worker. Always delivers.

- Matt Classic was fun

- Daniels and Kazarian are starting to look like real veterans now. Great act. Would like to see them against Ricochett and Swann. Would be immensely entertaining.

- Hoping to see some more intensity and debt in 2Unlimited in future matches. Very talented but they make it all look "to easy" almost. 

BREAK 

- The Knights are two intense pitbulls. Is it me or are they really stiff? Loved every second of it. I truly believed this fight was real. Roy Knight is pretty damn fast for a big guy. That was awesome chant well deserverd. However, those two top rope suplexes on Haskins gave me heart attacks. They looked nasty.

- Ricochett vs Scurll as also really good. FInish was great. Scurll is also one of those guys who always delivers.

- AJ vs Ospreay. Beyond brilliant. True Masterpiece. Everything it should have been. Ospreay just made his inspiration into a true rival. What a match.

Ospreay brought it and everything clicked. No fuck ups, no phony looking rehearsed spots. Just an amazing hard hitting, X-Division style match up.

Thank you RPW!

Very inspirational to see a young man like Ospreay, deliver in such a big match. 

Edited by LWOLeN

I went to the the London Cockpit show this evening. Great venue. Maximum capacity is 150 and it looks like it was pretty close to a sell out. Great intimate venue which you wouldn't expect a wrestling organisation to use. It was unique and very good.

The evening was immensely enjoyable, massive fan of Will Osprey, Jimmy Havoc has a great presence about him (second time seeing him) and Marty delivered as always.

Everyone else put on a good shift and I will most likely go back to the next show on May 3rd. Only thing putting me off is it's a bank holiday and I am not usually around for bank holidays. 

• Paid Members

I'm excited to see Rev Pro debut their YouTube show with matches from this on Monday 23rd March. I imagine they'll start with hype for Ospreay vs Havoc for the Cruiserweight title on Easter Sunday 5th April in Broxbourne..

I'm excited to see Rev Pro debut their YouTube show with matches from this on Monday 23rd March. I imagine they'll start with hype for Ospreay vs Havoc for the Cruiserweight title on Easter Sunday 5th April in Broxbourne..

I hope it's more of a TV show that you can follow rather than a pick and of mix of matches trying to hype you for the next live show. I understand the latter makes a lot of sense though. I will watch regardless. I love Rev Pro.

Late shows from last weeks show.

-Impressed with beer finally being allowed in the York Hall. That sectioned of bar has been a pain for years.

- Good selection of NJPW t-shirts on offer, love my new Bullet Club t shirt

- The first half truth be told was kind of so so, A late start to the show never helps things but at least it was a early enough kick off to not affect things for me.

- The Cabana stuff was pretty entertaining, I have soured on Cabana in recent years (mainly due to him as a person) but the Matt Classic stuff was pretty entertaining. Gideon is a entertaining act although i'm not sure on his wrestling ability.

- Rocky Romero is a good solid act and had a decent opener with Bodum. I'm not entirely convinced of Josh yet on the few showings that I have seen him.

- Mr Moonsault/Samuels was pretty average with a lame finish. I like Sha but I thought on the Uprising show that the Revolutionists were a bit overbooked and I still think that now.

-Tag match was alright, Daniels is such a polished performer and most of his moves were pretty crisp. This match though was on of the rare times where I could see most spots being called in the ring, which is never good. Some good spots and some sloppy ones aswell.

- Nice short interval, always good.

-The Second half was amazing, it has got to be said. After a so so first half, the second was tremendous. Top Notch action and arguably 4 four star matches in a row.

- The tag match was a a real unexpected treat to me, Didn't expect anything from hit but it turned out to be a hard hitting, action packed intense brawl which I didn't want to finish. Haskins is one of the best acts on the UK scene IMO, Redman probably has the best physique and The hooligans really impressed me with how good they are. I havent seen Zebra Kid work a match since the FWA days, he was always one of the best workers on the show and he showed here that he is still one of the best around. Good stuff.

- Richochet/Scrull took the card up another notch. Ricochet is one of the best workers in the world IMO and it will be a travesty if he is never picked up by the WWE. Some of his ariel assaults were amazing to watch. This was without doubt the best match I have ever seen Scrull work. He is improving all the time and delivers a solid showing ever time I see him.

The main event was fantastic. To have 2 great matches before it and a show packed with enough highflying and amazing spots throughout and for this match to still be as good as it was, is a true testament to these guyts. Absolute superb and this match will already be hard to top on the UK scene. AJ is such a crisp performer and doesn't miss a step and Will is the UK's number one hot property at this minute. I think every UK promotion feels the same at the moment because he is always at the top of the card or booked against a import. Amazing match that is definitely work tracking down.

So a big thumbs up for me, looking forward to the next Bethnal Green show already and I'm already tempted by the next Cockpit show.

Went to the show at the London Cockpit at the weekend.

Really intimate venue which reminded me of the Civic Hall at Broxbourne.

The highlights for me were:

Rev Pro pushing new talent. One of my concerns last year with the promotion was that it didn't feel like Rev Pro were pushing their own guys but with Jake Mccluskey, Josh Bodom, Flyin Ryan, James Castle and Gideon Grey getting showcased for the second consecutive week it seems like they've addressed this issue.

Seeing Big Damo make his Rev Pro Debut. I always thought if we saw him wrestling in London away from ICW it would be in Progress not Rev Pro

Jimmy Havoc winning the 6 man scramble opener setting up a title match with Will Osperay

Seeing Progress team mates Mark Haskins and Sha Samuels clash with a suprising finish.

Will Osperay showing again why he is one of the hottest talents in the UK by wrestling a very solid main event with Rocky Romero.

Only negative was no Sumerian Death Squad, as I was really looking forward to seeing them take on 2 unlimited

Quick question, With the meet and greets are promos supplied with the ticket price or do you need to purchase one on the night?

Nope, all the ticket gets you is entrance into the meet and greet. Then it's basically just the wrestlers stood at their gimmick tables.

Not really worth it in my opinion, unless there's someone you're desperate to see. Most of them are usually sat selling merch during the show anyway.

Quick question, With the meet and greets are promos supplied with the ticket price or do you need to purchase one on the night?

Nope, all the ticket gets you is entrance into the meet and greet. Then it's basically just the wrestlers stood at their gimmick tables.

Not really worth it in my opinion, unless there's someone you're desperate to see. Most of them are usually sat selling merch during the show anyway.

Yeah think I will just get a mate whose going to pick me up a nakamura promo