The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Further explanation from wXw:

"Ricochet will not appear tomorrow in Munich, because he has failed to apply for his visa for a tour of Japan in a timely manner. Due to this delay, he is forced to pass his passport to the authorities, to obtain a visa today. Without this password, he can enter of course not a plane so that he feels forced to cancel its bookings in Europe for this weekend. "

So Ricochet's going back to Dragon Gate and/or New Japan but in order to expedite a visa he had to hand his passport over. That means he doesn't have a passport so can't travel to Europe.

• Paid Members

I have spoke to Andy today and he has worked for hours trying to resolve this , I'm sure everyone will be surprised but happy when he announces the replacement.

The show looks great , Andy does not let fans down when it comes to international talent so just be patient :)

Edited by Southside crew

• Paid Members

Shitty Little Boots!

I'm not going to lie - pretty gutted we're not getting Rick O'Shea in for what would genuine be an international dream match you wouldn't see anywhere else, but I also think it's pretty cool that Andy/RevPro have been able to bring in Mr. Boots at such short notice for the first rematch of something that everyone was raving about just a few weeks ago. Good move, bravo.

• Paid Members

Shitty Little Boots!

He's getting Boma Ye'd clean out of his Shitty Little Boots (SHITTY LITTLE BOOTS! SHITTY LITTLE BOOTS!)

• Paid Members

So, this Sunday it's:

AJ Styles vs. Marty Scurll (IWGP Champ vs. British Champ)

Matt Sydal vs. Will Ospreay (2/3 falls)

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong's Shitty Little Boots

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Damo O'Connor

Sha Samuels & James Car-stle vs. Mark Haskins & Joel Redman (tag title?)

Matt Classic & Colt Cabana (!) vs. Lord Gideon Grey & Rishi Ghosh

Tommy End vs. Josh Bodom (pre-show 'tv' match)

It's another of those cards that I haven't been paying any attention to, but when I look at it a few days out it looks pretty great. We're going as a big group of about a dozen people up in the balcony - really looking forward to it.

It's completely sold-out (which is the only York Hall show I can remember doing so, aside from RQW. Oh, just kidding...), though I am selling a single spare balcony ticket if anyone is still looking to come. Only looking for face value (£30). Balcony is unreserved, so you wouldn't have to sit with us!! PM me if interested...

This might be the most excited I have been for a wrestling show for a while, this card really looks awesome and although the last minute replacement is a bit disappointing Roddy is a great short notice replacement. I also don't think I have ever seen York Hall sold out so will be enjoying that but based on experience I assume I will need to be there early to get a decent Balcony Seat

• Paid Members

Well, that were a bit special.

Not to bang on for ages but practically everything was really exciting or served its purpose, Nakamura VS Strong exceeded my expectations wildly for competitiveness, Ospreay/Sydal III was jaw-dropping and AJ Styles is the new British Heavyweight Champion. Extraordinary.

So, your announced matches for Uprising are :

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Liger VS Kazuchika Okada & Gedo

Brititsh Heavyweight title : AJ Styles VS Marty Scurll VS Will Ospreay

Shinsuke Nakamura VS Big Damo

Bold prediction : Scurll pins Ospreay to take the title back, singles match down the line (by which time Will has lost the Cruiserweight belt) which Ospreay wins.

• Paid Members

So : Summer Sizzler was an outstanding show. I was definitely most invested in the 2 out of 3 falls match, and Ospreay vs Sydal delivered BIG TIME. Just tremendous Cruiserweight wrestling.

The big news is that AJ Styles defeated Marty Scurll cleanly for the British Heavyweight Championship with the Styles Clash. While not the showstealer, it was a main event that really showed the development of Scurll over the 2 years Rev Pro has done these big York Hall shows. He looked like he belonged in there with the IWGP Champion, every step of the way. Styles vs Scurll vs Ospreay for the title was set up for Uprising on Friday October 2nd in the aftermath.

Special mention also to the comedy tag that followed Ospreay vs Sydal in the semi-main. Colt Cabana and Matt (definitely not Grado) Classic defeated Lord Gideon Grey and Rishi Ghosh. This was absolutely hilarious, and tore the house down in it's own way. So silly, but absolutely deserving of the spot it received.

I won't go in depth on the first half here as I'm on my phone, but also announced for Uprising was Gedo & Okada vs Liger & Tanahashi, and Big Damo (who defeated Tomohiro Ishii here) vs Shinsuke Nakamura. This is going to be a full on co-op show with New Japan Pro Wrestling. Oh yes.

Edit:

Great minds, Raid. Scurll vs Ospreay is already scheduled for the YouTube taping at the Cockpit Theatre on the 28th of this month, along with a rematch between Jimmy Havoc and Josh Bodom from last time there. Looking forward to that one. It's a lovely little venue.

Edited by gadge

• Paid Members

Scurll vs Ospreay is already scheduled for the YouTube taping at the Cockpit Theatre on the 28th of this month, along with a rematch between Jimmy Havoc and Josh Bodom from last time there. Looking forward to that one. It's a lovely little venue.

That's probably what I've missed most on the York Hall cards I've been to.... Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy fucking Havoc!

Shinsuke Nakamura's attitude at the Meet & Greet was really bad. He and Ishii charged £10 for photos despite being told not to by RPW staff (at least they said when told that they would go and speak to them about it). It was awful because they were doing the same thing during the show's interval anyway, rendering the £15 fans paid (along with the extra time they spent queuing) for the Meet & Greet pretty much meaningless. 

The worst part was his attitude when I even tried speaking to him (in his own language no less) without buying anything - he was charging £10 for a couple of tiny stickers and a photo. He continued signing a bulk of posters (which they were probably going to try to sell later) without even looking at me, just about replying to me under his breath. I've actually never felt so insulated by a wrestler in my life. It was like I'd followed him to his hotel or something (as opposed to being a paid fan at an aptly named 'Meet & Greet' event). 

It's true that in Japan Meet & Greets tend to be much more formal and less interactive, with photos and signatures typically requiring you to purchase something. However, they don't have the £15 admission fee! But I think Nakamura needs to learn that when in Rome.............

The sour taste from this incident almost completely ruined the show for me. This is about the third time RPW have failed to take a stand on this issue and it's quite infuriating. There were questions about this on Facebook in the days leading up to show that went unanswered. I have emailed a complaint and am awaiting a response.