The Annual Under-Mania Speculation Thread

Psygnosis

Sting's performer contract is only for one match and half a dozen appearances isn't it? Surely they're not going to use his one match at any show that isn't Wrestlemania

The way the IC title has been passed around in the last few months you could have John Cena win it and it would mean dick all still. Since Miz won it in July at Battleground its changed hands 5 times with an average reign (as of today) of 24.8 days. Ziggler is now a four time IC champion, three of which have happened since August.

Harper won it for just under 4 weeks and gained absolutely nothing from doing so. Theres probably more euphoria in winning on a scratchcard than winning the IC belt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wouldn't care less if I never saw him again. He doesn't have the streak anymore, so he doesn't have anything else to offer.

I second this.

I'd rather see him every week doing fuck all than yet another shocking appearance from Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka or Jim Duggan.

Taker is 49.  Hogan is 62.  Hogan looks in better shape.  He's not, clearly, but he looks it.

Taker is younger than Hogan was when he came back to WWE originally, when he looked like this:

hoganaustinbeer.jpg

Taker's age has really caught up with him, but he's retired, so why not?

EDIT: can't stop noticing now how the shadow on Austin's front makes him look really fucked up.

• Paid Members

I'm in the "couldn't give 2 fucks if I ever see him again" camp. i can't believe theyre still paying him. Chumps! How about making me care about the guys we have now, who are there every week, than some old man who might show up once in a while if he can be bothered?

• Paid Members

I'm in the "couldn't give 2 fucks if I ever see him again" camp. i can't believe theyre still paying him. Chumps! How about making me care about the guys we have now, who are there every week, than some old man who might show up once in a while if he can be bothered?

Because he's a bigger draw than pretty much any of the guys they have now and are there every week.

• Paid Members

It's mental to think how everybody thought Hogan was such an old man going into Wrestlemania 18.

He was! As much as that Hogan looked in miles better shape than Taker, mobility wise he wasn't. Taker is still performing to a really high level and credit to him for being smart enough to cut back so he could.

Agree on the payments. Paying him a million dollar plus guarantee for three dates a year is madness. Told you he was smart.

• Paid Members

Because he's a bigger draw than pretty much any of the guys they have now and are there every week.

How are those guys ever going to draw if they're playing second fiddle to has-beens? You see my point, surely?

Not having that. Undertaker's made Wrestlemania for the last 8 years. He had match of the night honours for seven of them and moment of the year for the other. He ended "Mr Wrestlemania's" career and has more right to be on that show than anybody. He needs a proper retirement match.

A bad shot of him looking like he's on death's door shows up online and is always the start of the road to Wrestlemania. It's tradition.

Edit - You were talking about Undertaker, right?  :blink:

• Paid Members

How are those guys ever going to draw if they're playing second fiddle to has-beens? You see my point, surely?

Its a valid point but blame either the wrestlers themselves, the scripted promos, or the bookers, (possibly a combination of all three). The fact of the matter is that by Wrestlemania time, the WWE panics because they realise that the current crop doesn't have enough star power to headline it. So they have to go back to the well.

Of course, a time will come (pretty soon actually) when even the Rock's of the world will be too old to compete. God knows what they'll do then.

• Moderators

Not having that. Undertaker's made Wrestlemania for the last 8 years. He had match of the night honours for seven of them and moment of the year for the other. He ended "Mr Wrestlemania's" career and has more right to be on that show than anybody. He needs a proper retirement match.

A bad shot of him looking like he's on death's door shows up online and is always the start of the road to Wrestlemania. It's tradition.

Edit - You were talking about Undertaker, right?  :blink:

I'm with Steak on this. You can say that about various other oldies turning up to cash a cheque, but to say Taker has no place on the card is to have a really short memory. He's been Mr Wrestlemania for years now* . I know he looks like shit but if he reckons he's got another match in him I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He absolutely deserves to be on the card and it would be great for him to get a proper definitive retirement match.

* second only to Punk, obvs.....

Archived