The Top 11 Obscure Nu-Metal Albums Ever Made

Egg Shen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Didn't Steph come out to "Bodies" by Drowning Pool for a week or so? I'm sure it was when she started playing a part in the Invasion with ECW.

Yeah she did, as part of the build-up to SummerSlam. She even quoted a bit of the lyrics in a prom, which was cringey. That was one nu-metal song that I really liked actually.

• Moderators

When I was a teenager I was massively in to metal. Being 31 now, it was at a time just when nu metal was coming through and was a big thing.

I was in to some of the bands that could be considered part of the scene, but for the most part I hated it as I considered myself "proper metal" and used to complain to the DJ at the rock club when he'd put some Limp Bizkit rubbish or whatever on.

I still maintain it's all a bunch of shit but then so was a lot of the stuff I listened to as well.

• Paid Members

I sort of hate that Linkin Park can be considered the 'gods of nu-metal', they're bloody awful. Back before they got big, I was talking to a mate who told me they were going to be huge and that every track on the album would start "a mosh pit the size of Manchester". So, I picked it up and then assumed that I'd bought the wrong thing because I seemed to have been given some pop album by the guy in HMV. Meh. Of course, my mate had the last laugh because they ended up being stupidly big.

I was talking to a girl I lived with in uni about this list over the weekend because we both had this weird obsession with Taproot and Nonpoint. We really confused the lead singer from Nonpoint at a gig once by getting shit faced and being their biggest fans ever whilst the rest of the crowd didn't seem to give a fuck. Ah, memories. It has to be said that I fucking loved boyhitscar as well.

There's one album that I'm really surprised didn't make this list, 1) because it had a sort of cult status at the time and 2) because it took me ages to track down and I probably ended up importing it.

31PV07951KL.jpg

Now that's some obscure nu-metal.

• Paid Members

I still maintain it's all a bunch of shit but then so was a lot of the stuff I listened to as well.

Same here. I listened to all kinds of dance music growing up and from 99-01 you had the massive UK Garage wave around here. Listening back most of it is a load of shit (although I do get a nostalgic kick from it), but at the time it was the greatest thing ever produced.

Speed Garage however, which was big around 97-98, has stood the test of time much better than it's successor in my opinion. Some of it still sounds really good.

• Paid Members

Nothing wrong with Neighbourhood in the slightest, UK Garage, Grime, 2-Step etc are the best stuff this country have came out with since the 2000's.

SINCE the 2000s? Garage was on it's way out in 2000. Dubstep is surely the biggest/best UK export in terms of music genres since the 2000s. Garage didn't even reach some parts of this country, dubstep stormed America.

There was some interesting garage knocking around in the mid-late 90s but the appropriation of the name by UK garage just killed it.

I'm lovin it lovin it lovin it, I'm lovin it like this.  

• Paid Members

There was some interesting garage knocking around in the mid-late 90s

A lot of Todd Edwards' stuff, for example. I still really like his stuff, stands out from anything else. You can spot one of his tracks a mile off.

If we're taking it turns to throw in a shit UK Garage lyric, I'm going with "there's no question of a doubt, I've checked all the ladies out"

Archived