Notable drops down from the card a year on...

TheShowOff

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he go up against punk twice then? My memory's gone to pot. Wasn't the hell in the cell match the title match?

Hell in a Cell 2012 was when Punk killed his Goldberg gimmick.

A year later, they were feuding again but this time Punk was the babyface and Ryback was the Heyman-approved heel.

Oh yeah I remember it now.

A somewhat smaller one but still. At Summerslam 2004 Randy Orton beats Chris Benoit to win his first World Heavyweight Championship. At Summerslam 2005 Randy Orton beats The Undertaker in the Semi-Main Event. Yet in 2006 he loses to a 53 year old Hulk Hogan in just over ten minutes clean. Pretty big drop for the 'Legend Killer'.

A somewhat smaller one but still. At Summerslam 2004 Randy Orton beats Chris Benoit to win his first World Heavyweight Championship. At Summerslam 2005 Randy Orton beats The Undertaker in the Semi-Main Event. Yet in 2006 he loses to a 53 year old Hulk Hogan in just over ten minutes clean. Pretty big drop for the 'Legend Killer'.

Every year his matches got bigger. Complete opposite of a career drop there.

Let's talk about Big E in this thread in a couple of months.

At Summerslam 2004 Randy Orton beats Chris Benoit to win his first World Heavyweight Championship. At Summerslam 2005 Randy Orton beats The Undertaker in the Semi-Main Event. Yet in 2006 he loses to a 53 year old Hulk Hogan in just over ten minutes clean. Pretty big drop for the 'Legend Killer'.

What a stupid thing to say. Chris Benoit, though, went from the main event in 2004 to fighting Orlando Jordan for the US belt in 2005.

Taz debuted at the Royal Rumble in 2000 amongst a lot of high hopes and anticipation. He went over Kurt Angle in front of a hot crowd. The next year he got the Bushwhacker Luke treatment, running down to the ring and being eliminated from the Rumble almost instantly.

Randy Savage won the World title at Wrestlemania 8, the next year he was on the broadcast team.

What notable slip down the card can you think of?

I agrree with you first point buddy, Tazz got folks buzzing at MSG that year, but no dice on Randy, he was probably  the greatest commentator(Second only to Mungo...maybe) throughout the 90s and throughly  deserved his place on the mania broadcast team. I know everyone likes to throw out King King Bundy here fom mania 2 headliner to Mania 3 midget crusher...but I think that was his finest moment. He got to crush that little frekshow..little beaver was it? And at the same time give Hillbilly Jim a few slaps in the corner. nd in front off 93 K boii...I live or thee day that I can crush a midget in front of that many people. Viva Bundy!

Archived