Wrestlers who have never appeared in the UK

The Reverend

• Paid Members
Backlund beat Damien Demento on the super shite UK Rampage 93

What was amazing about that show is that were must stronger cards being promoted on the house show circuit at the same time.

Just as the house show circuit was always the matches you wanted to draw your gate receipts based upon and matches that seldom were shown on TV, I've come to the conclusion that because Rampage was going to air on TV, they didn't want viewers in other cities seeing the exact same matches they were going to see on their own legs of the tour.

Typhoon VS Damien Demento

Kamala VS Kimchee

The Nasty Boys VS The Headshrinkers

Shawn Michaels VS Bob Backlund

Crush VS Doink

Yokozuna VS Jim Duggan

Mr. Perfect VS Lex Luger

- That looks alright for a B show. The Rampage card is positively upsetting in comparison.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Backlund beat Damien Demento on the super shite UK Rampage 93

What was amazing about that show is that were must stronger cards being promoted on the house show circuit at the same time.

Just as the house show circuit was always the matches you wanted to draw your gate receipts based upon and matches that seldom were shown on TV, I've come to the conclusion that because Rampage was going to air on TV, they didn't want viewers in other cities seeing the exact same matches they were going to see on their own legs of the tour.

Typhoon VS Damien Demento

Kamala VS Kimchee

The Nasty Boys VS The Headshrinkers

Shawn Michaels VS Bob Backlund

Crush VS Doink

Yokozuna VS Jim Duggan

Mr. Perfect VS Lex Luger

- That looks alright for a B show. The Rampage card is positively upsetting in comparison.

Despite only being 13 at the time I remember really enjoying that card when they came to Aberdeen.

Looking back I'm shocked how few times Hogan and Warrior performed in the UK considering their insane popularity over here in the early 90s.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Hogan - 2 trips / 5 matches (two in October 89 and 3 in August 93). I'm not going to count the TNA matches in 2012.

Warrior - 2 trips / 2 matches (one in May 91 and then Summerslam 92).

I guess because they figured they'd do good numbers over here even without them (hence they were needed more back home).

Looking back I'm shocked how few times Hogan and Warrior performed in the UK considering their insane popularity over here in the early 90s.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Hogan - 2 trips / 5 matches (two in October 89 and 3 in August 93). I'm not going to count the TNA matches in 2012.

Warrior - 2 trips / 2 matches (one in May 91 and then Summerslam 92).

I guess because they figured they'd do good numbers over here even without them (hence they were needed more back home).

Hogan also did the main event against Slaughter at UK Rampage '91 - although I had forgot all about that!

Archived