Prague - anyone been?

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

didn't know if it was worth sticking a thread up for this but fuck it. I'm off to Prague tomorrow for the weekend as part of one of my best mates stag. I literally have no idea what to expect, i've just paid the best man and i know i gotta show up at 11am tomorrow morning.

As far as im aware we have nothing planned for the weekend but i know a few of the boys wanna try doing something other than just getting completely zonked in a bar (which will happen at some point im sure)...anyone been and recommend things to do out there? places to avoid? anything?

Been a decade since I went, and funnily enough I'm off there again in June. Like any capital city, there's enough to see and do on the fly that nobody should be bored over the course of a weekend. Zoo apart, I remember having a wander round the castle, the cathedral, the Jewish quarter and the Communist museum (I think there's also a sex museum and a medieval torture one). It's a beautiful city, and the good thing about Prague is all the tourist sights are for the most part concentrated around a pretty small area that it's easy enough to navigate on foot.

Not sure if any of that is your bag, but I tend to prefer stag dos with minimal organisation (apart from having a general idea of the bars/eateries you want to go to-that's basic). I'm not a fan of these ones where some fucker expects you to drag yourself to some outpost for paintball or go-karting in the middle of two massive sessions and a raging hangover.

• Paid Members
Been a decade since I went, and funnily enough I'm off there again in June. Like any capital city, there's enough to see and do on the fly that nobody should be bored over the course of a weekend. Zoo apart, I remember having a wander round the castle, the cathedral, the Jewish quarter and the Communist museum (I think there's also a sex museum and a medieval torture one). It's a beautiful city, and the good thing about Prague is all the tourist sights are for the most part concentrated around a pretty small area that it's easy enough to navigate on foot.

yeh man, that's my kind of thing...there'll be a ton of beer involved and i hope to plenty of titties over the course of the weekend but it'd be a shame to go out and not see any of the fights.

I've heard something about a bone church?

• Paid Members

Beautiful place, I went with the Mrs for our anniversary years ago. I don't think it's been one of the buzz places for stag do's for a while though, so I'm not sure what places would be ideal for you. We stayed in an awesome Movenpick hotel where we had to get a chairlift to our floor, which was a nice touch.

• Paid Members

Went when I was 18 on a "lads" (ugh) holiday and shagged a horrific-looking prostitute and then got maced by a policeman 10 minutes later. It wasn't one of my finest moments.

9 years later I'd quite like to go there on an actual proper holiday and see the castles, museums etc.

• Paid Members

:D

Nah, we left the club and we generally acting like a bunch of drunken over-excited (yet harmless) teenagers outside the doors and a passing copper just walked up to me, maced me in the face and walked off. To this day I'm not quite sure what inspired him to mace me.

Good timing for this thread to appear. I've not been to Prague before, but am flying there on June 9th with my better half who has. She's already suggested the zoo and a couple of the museums that Magnum mentioned. I'm sure it'll be interesting since we'll only be there for a couple of days before moving onto east Germany.

You going by DeLorean?

Ha, nope, by train. I deliberately made a point not to put a capital 'E' on 'east' there. The Czech Republic borders the former west too, so I thought I'd be more specific.

Archived