Depression question.

The Spandex Cowboy

But your last line, David, can fuck off.

I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't having a pop, I was wondering if someone who's depressed can go up & down the scale depending on what they have to look forward to? Maybe a week doing fuck all can seem like a bit of a black hole of sorts, whilst spending time with friends helps?

I'm not an expert on the matter, so I'm not sure.

My apologies, David.

I'm very tetchy at the moment. Basically I have to see an Independant Medical Advisor tomorrow due to me having too much time off work. Chances are I'm getting the boot and I'm very worried about not being believed, I'm selling my house too and the stress is wearing me down.

Not that that should be an excuse for taking it out on here. Might step away from the conversation for a day or two.

I beieve Keith Hoochen is depressed. I do. Alot of people on here are not though. I read Keith Hoochens comments and believe them. But not many others. All this shit with non excistant problems in the past. Work out, work, get off your computer and do something about the shit in your head. Alot of non excistant shit.

My apologies, David.

I'm very tetchy at the moment. Basically I have to see an Independant Medical Advisor tomorrow due to me having too much time off work. Chances are I'm getting the boot and I'm very worried about not being believed, I'm selling my house too and the stress is wearing me down.

Not that that should be an excuse for taking it out on here. Might step away from the conversation for a day or two.

No worries, I just read my post back and can see why it came off like I was having a pop!

Alot of people on here are not though.

To be fair mate, I'm no expert, but how can you come to that conclusion when you don't even know the person in "real life", so to speak?

The Sheep Mentality syndrome. Read from the start of the depression thread, theres a few who are genuinally depressed, then watch how every other nain poster suddenly becomes depressed, despite their posts showing signs of nothing but bravado and horrible comebacks to posters who seem nice people.

The Sheep Mentality syndrome. Read from the start of the depression thread, theres a few who are genuinally depressed, then watch how every other nain poster suddenly becomes depressed, despite their posts showing signs of nothing but bravado and horrible comebacks to posters who seem nice people.

Again, an online persona is exactly that. It has no real bearing on how someone is in real life, does it? As has been said before, it's all too easy to come across as cheerful, zany, funny or suchlike when you're typing words into a computer.

In real life though, things are different. Unless you actually know someone personally, and know them quite well I don't think you can assume that they're just pretending.

• Paid Members

Weren't you going to hang yourself or something the other week? Now you are suddenly fucking Kilroy? Talk about inconsistency. Christ.

People who open up about depression enables others to have the courage to do the same. Depression breads a sense of loneliness or the thought that no one can understand how they're feeling. So when they read or hear others who are suffering it enables them to open up too. Much like what has happened in the depression thread.

It does not fill me with much confidence that someone as narrow minded can work or claim to be educated in human behavior.

• Paid Members

Gee, I really wish I could try and figure out who you were talking about here! What a wicked web of mystery you've weaved here.

• Paid Members

I don't know if I suffer with depresion and try to aviod describing myself as such but I do accept I'm unwell and can be depressed.

As I understand it that creates a certain mind set rather than stems from a certain mind set.

I actively try to overcome that by changing the way I approach, think and react to things. That's a lot simpler said than done though, especially when trying to help myself makes things initially worse.

I do keep a steady job where I'm well respected, I try and go to a gym a least once a week which is less that I used to which makes going frustrating but it's the limit I can keep with as i sleep such a lot each night now. I paint and shoot in my free time as well. I also have spells where I have to hide or cover the mirrors in the house so I can't see my face, can't fight the need to cut myself, have to stand in the hall for ten minuets and talk myself into leaving the house.

On a side one reason I never went for help until it was nearly to late was that mind set of its to easy to say I'm ill and it was just down to me. Now, and it's taken years to get there and it's only something I've really come to terms with in the past month or two, that's not true. I'm going to be taking something for life and every day could start with a fight upstairs to keep it going as long as I can.

Weren't you going to hang yourself or something the other week? Now you are suddenly fucking Kilroy? Talk about inconsistency. Christ.

No, i brought up the issue of self harm and suicidal thoughts. Thats all.

If you had any incling of depression you would never put someone down unecisarily face to face or online as you would know how this can potentially make people feel. I dont buy this online/real life persona. Its just not nice to do that.

Actually, that's the wrong way round I reckon.

I'm not a depressive, but over the last few years I've suffered from some severe stress related to work, and looking back I reckon I picked fights on here as a result of being a bit hyper. I probably owe an apology to a few people, not least Astro Hollywood, whose writing I really enjoy.

Part of facing up to stress has been easing back on this forum and generally trying to be nice to people. Equally, I can see more clearly now when other posters are "bowing up" and avoid antagonising them. For a lot of posters here, this place is somewhere they can be both sort-of anonymous, and also talk to sympathetic people about stuff they can't talk with their families about (applies to wrestling AND mental health). That Depression thread is one of nicest, most positive social interactions I've ever seen on the internet.

Spandex, your posts in here suggest you are more worried about your own health than about others. You might find it good to actually engage in the Depression thread, rather than sneer.

Archived