TUF: Team Canada vs Team Australia Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

Tim Gorman looked a right breast at the weigh in. Shit mohawk - check, shit tattoos - check. He was eating pizza on the scales with some stupid scowl on his face. Then after getting off the scales he started to just casually walk off the stage (Gagnon hadn't even got on the stage yet to weigh in) while stuffing his face with the pizza, Burt Watson had to pull him back. Then Gagnon weighs in, gets in position for the staredown and Gorman's standing there obliviously, like a twat facing away. They pull him in for the face off and he does some twatty gesture with his hands and walks off. Almost walking into the ring girl before finally fucking off down the steps. Just looked like the biggest, awkwardest twat of a poser ever.

It was nothing really, but fuck me, that 60 seconds or whatever it was just cemented that I'll be a big Mitch Gagnon fan tonight.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

quick google search reminded me that Gorman's the mouthy fucker from TUF (Team Tate) that had to drop out through injury. Dana clearly liked the guys willingness to fight.

bit more on Gorman

cunt or not, that little performance means i'll be viewing his prelim tonight :)

• Paid Members

Not live chat because it's from the weigh in last night.

Bisping-Kennedy face-off with audio

Angry Bisping always makes me laugh. Especially the "Look at the state of ya. You're a fuckin' idiot" in a Bo Selecta Craig David voice.

Well that main event was a bit rubbish. Bisping didn't look like his usual self, and Tim Kennedy employed a boring ass strategy that got him the win, but probably didn't earn him too many fans

• Paid Members

I don't know if it was a case of me underestimating Kennedy or Bisping being rusty, probably a bit of both, but I was quite shocked at how that fight went.

Say what you want about Kennedy but no-one's been able to do that to Bisping. They were saying on commentary "not many", no, no-one has been able to take Bisping down and just keep him there and control him like that. Not Sonnen, Evans, Hamill, anyone. I never thought Kennedy had that strong a top game. Now, Bisping being rusty probably has a bit to do with how one sided some of it was but still, that was always one of Bisping's biggest strengths. His ability to keep getting up, defensive wrestling/BJJ. Even on the feet he didn't look right. Again, part ring rust, part hesitance because of Kennedy's wrestling I'm guessing.

I had Kennedy four rounds to one. With the first 10-8 because it was a complete and total domination. So 49-45 Kennedy for me.

Wasn't the worst fight I've ever seen, but it was pretty boring at times. There were spells where you could tell Kennedy was just riding out the clock. Didn't really like the fight. Partly because Kennedy won, partly because it was one sided, partly because it felt like Bisping wasn't at his best and partly because it was just a bit flat. I've already seen Luke Thomas and Joe Rogan acting like it was some awesome fight on twitter. With Thomas basically saying you're a thick cunt if you didn't like it. Get to fuck. Wasn't a bad fight but it wasn't great. I could see why some would be bored by it. This thing now where you have to pretend you loved an average or even a dull fight to show how much of a 'real fan' you are can shit off. I'm sure some people do like those type of fights, but I'm also sure some are just saying they loved it to give an impression that they're somehow more of a fan or more knowledgable than other fans who didn't enjoy it. Really good performance by Kennedy, but not a great fight IMO.

So yeah, I think Bisping wasn't his sharpest. But I also think I sold Kennedy short. Maybe Bisping did as well actually. He was saying stuff like Kennedy wasn't on his level, was an average fighter, was an easy fight for him to come back off a layoff to. As much as I can't stomach Kennedy, kind of serves Bisping right if he really believed that. Probably a lot of it was just promotional bullshit, but looking back at his interviews there is a sense that he really thought Kennedy had nothing for him.

I think this is the first fight Bisping was favoured in that he's lost.

The standout on the whole card for me was Elias Theodorou. Having not watched a second of TUF Nations, this was my first impression of him. He looked pretty fucking great. Non-stop aggression, unorthodox striking, good takedowns and excellent switching between striking and grappling. And most of all, his calmness. For a guy making his UFC debut and the way Westcott was putting the heat on early, he was remarkably composed under pressure. Really impressive. Even if he is clearly deeply in love with himself. On first impressions I liked him.

Cote vs Noke was pretty good. I always forget how big Noke is. He looked fucking massive in there with Cote. And Cote's fought Tito Ortiz at 205. I don't know how Cote weathered that knee.

Poirier vs Akira was a fun fight as well. Akira had his moments. To be honest, I thought Poirier would pretty much have his way with this fight but Akira gave him a couple of scares early on. Nice finish from Poirier. Wouldn't mind seeing Poirier vs Guida now.

KJ Noons KO of Sam Stout was a shocker. I legit jumped up out of my seat when it happened, and that very rarely happens with me outside the big fights like Anderson vs Weidman, Jones vs Gustafsson, Hunt vs Bigfoot etc. Unbelievable. I think when this fight was announced everyone thought 'Noons vs Stout? That'll be a good back and forth 15 minutes'. Nobody would've called Noons by 30 second KO.

My girlfriend is an evil little bastard. She was pissing herself at Stout's guillotine on the ref and then his follow up roll into the fence. Still not as much as she laughed at Gray Maynard stumbling forward onto the floor after Nate Diaz battered him though.

Kaufman vs Smith 2 was sloppy (from Smith's side anyway) but lively. Exciting in places, but nowhere near as good as their first fight. Smith took it on like a week's notice though to be fair. Thought Kaufman looked very good though in her own performance. She was saying the other day that she'd like to fight Cat Zingano next. And post-fight she was already angling to get on the UFC 174 card in Vancouver in June. I'd like to see that if Cat can go by June. I know she was lined up for a title shot but I think she'd probably be better off taking another fight first.

Jimmo KO was brutal. Liked his nerdy little Hogan tribute interview. "Drink your protein shakes and read your science books". He's a weird fucker.

Alright show. I'll have to watch TUF: Penn vs Edgar later.

• Paid Members

Agree with pretty much everything Wand said, as a fan I feel pretty gutted for Bisping though. Kennedy essentially employed the same game plan as Chael did but executed it perfectly. The fact he managed to (for the most part) stop Bisping from getting back up deserves major credit as he's one of, if not the best 'wall walker' in the business.

Overall a decent card and a cracking showing from Theodorou. He came out of that pretty much unscathed, get him back in there asap & against some decent competition. Very interested to see what this kid's really got.

Massively looking for to Werdum/Browne.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Theodorou, just based on that finale performance is one of the more exciting prospects to come off TUF in a while for me. Well I'm pretty high on Kelvin Gastelum and Julianna Pena as well but I wasn't as impressed quite as much on first impressions by them like I was with this guy.

Can anyone who watched this season say how he looked on the show? Was he that impressive throughout? I can't really gauge much because I don't know much about Westcott, without checking I think I've seen him once or twice in MFC or RFA or somewhere like that, but nothing much.

Who's a logical next opponent for Theodorou then, would we say? I think Clint Hester could be an awesome fight. He's underrated I think and it would be a nice step up without being too big of a jump.

• Paid Members

Theodorou was impressive on the show but he wasn't exciting. He came off as a grinder that sets a crazy fast pace that just overwhelms people. He didnt let on that he had that striking in his arsenal.

He clearly loves himself and early in TUF i was thinking 'i'm gonna hate this cunt', but despite the vanity and the confidence the guy actually comes off as very likable. Im sure a few well edited build up packages may make people start hating him though.

I think the guys got some legit cross over mainstream appeal though.

I think Bisping is done now as far as being a no 1 contender goes, he looks like he's lost a step, his eye doesn't look right and with the division now stronger then ever he will have to go on a hell of a run to get back in contention. It's a pity he never got to fight for a title but I see him being used mostly on European cards from now on.

I think Bisping is done now as far as being a no 1 contender goes, he looks like he's lost a step, his eye doesn't look right and with the division now stronger then ever he will have to go on a hell of a run to get back in contention. It's a pity he never got to fight for a title but I see him being used mostly on European cards from now on.

I wasn't the only one who thought his eye still looked weird then? He was squinting and shit during his introduction as well.

I think he's done as well. To be honest, coming back to fight after a serious eye injury is always a risk. You don't fuck about with your sight.

• Paid Members

I wasn't the only one who thought his eye still looked weird then? He was squinting and shit during his introduction as well.

I think he's done as well. To be honest, coming back to fight after a serious eye injury is always a risk. You don't fuck about with your sight.

His bad eye basically makes him look cross eyed now, and it's actually been that way for a while. When I saw him in Manchester his eye looked terrible. However, I read a couple of remarks on twitter that he hopes to sort this out once he finishes his fighting career.

The main problem with Bisping is that he doesn't possess one particular weapon and his main problem with being a predominant striker is that he has no knock out power whatsoever. This is why people tend to call Bisping out. He's a big name that will get his opponent more column inches, but at the same time he's a low risk fight. The worst that will happen is that you get out pointed with him.

Archived