TUF: Team Canada vs Team Australia Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

well it appears the UKFF have given up on the season :laugh: well i say, more fool you because this week's episode featured another cracking fight.

Nordine Taleb fought Aussie Tyler Manawaroa which on paper appeared a bit of a mismatch because Taleb was favorite to win the whole thing. Gotta love Tyler's attitude though, just a young, crazy kid that loves to fight (i couldn't believe he was only 19 though). Taleb was clealy the more polished striker, but sometimes in MMA being a bit crazy and not being afraid to throw wild shit can work in your favour and it did so Tyler. I think the scorecards were right going into round 3, the actual 3rd was great, i had Tyler winning until Taleb scored a takedown and controlled a good minute or so and seemed to cruising to victory, Tyler swept with 20 seconds to go and finish strong with G&P and an attempted choke...gripping finish and those final 20 seconds won him the fight.

0.jpg

Australia wins a fight...and win or lose from this point on i guarantee Manawaroa gets a crack in the UFC.

Cracking little post fight scene with the two guys (who had beef going in) bonding in the hospital waiting room, great stuff.

It's kinda drama free but the fights are making up for it.

I've been following it, and I can't disagree more with you Ebb (although you won't be surprised by that, I'm sure!). That fight was fucking terrible to watch.

One guy hobbling around with a broken foot, and the other guy displaying the technique you expect to see in a redneck brawl outside a 7/11 in Tulsa, OK. The Australian guy was the drizzling shits.

I have enjoyed the season thus far, and hope the quality of fights gets back on track next week.

A picture of a black baby in a shopping trolley with the text "get used to looking through those bars lil nigga" on it.

It'd probably be a Matt Mitrione slap on the wrist. Dana loves guys that "bang".

Did you see his fight? This guy doesn't "bang", he's like the epitome of an Aussie redneck fighting in a caravan park somewhere. He'd get chewed up and spat out by even the lower level UFC talent if that showing is anything to go by.

I wrote that comment before I saw the fight and had only read the hype on it. Not quite as good as I was expecting, but not as bad as you're making it out to be either. It was a good TUF-level fight, and as you say, a lot of the TUF guys get exposed once they hit the UFC. Tyler had some okay moments though, he hit a nice spinning elbow and a good sweep at the end into mount. He's not entirely hopeless, especially if Taleb was favoured to win the lot, at 19 years old he's got lots of room to grow.

• Paid Members

awww come on Dave you're being overly harsh, Tyler showed some skills in there, the dude showed some good head movement, fought and countered a lot off the back foot and showed he isn't afraid to mix it up. He's raw as hell but there's definitely potential there, dude's 19.

awww come on Dave you're being overly harsh, Tyler showed some skills in there, the dude showed some good head movement, fought and countered a lot off the back foot and showed he isn't afraid to mix it up. He's raw as hell but there's definitely potential there, dude's 19.

Nineteen my arse! He's doctored his birth certificate for sure!

• Paid Members

haha, i couldn't believe it when they listed him as 19.

If you look at other pics of em on google though he does look like a young kid, that GG Allin look he's got going on puts about 15 years on him.

Tyler-Manawaroa-penghuynh-photography.jpg

Archived