George the animal Steele

goon619

I've got a Bloke working for me in the us, and he's over here for a week. Over lunch today I mentioned wwf/e and he asked if I remembered George the animal Steele. I said yes, and then he told me he's his cousin! How cool is that!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a Bloke working for me in the us, and he's over here for a week. Over lunch today I mentioned wwf/e and he asked if I remembered George the animal Steele. I said yes, and then he told me he's his cousin! How cool is that!

obviously far to cool to go in the 'comments not worthy of a thread' thread

• Paid Members

It's probably one for the 'not worthy of a thread' thread, but it's still an interesting little story. Now I want to know what other UKFFers have tenuous links to wrestling superstars. Meeting them at a show or autograph signing isn't counted.

My mrs' best mate used to work in the same office as Wade Barrett. So there you go.

My Granda lived round the corner from the Finlays for decades and knew Dave Sr. well. My ex-ex-ex girlfriend's Mum knew Jr. as well I think and her brother went to Sr's amateur wrestling school. Suburban North Belfast's a small region though; not so surprising.

I got to know some Japanese wrestlers through hanging out at a wrestling pub in Kobe and working some NOAH, AJPW and Eldorado shows as an occasional ring boy, but don't know them that well like.

• Paid Members

My great grandad used to be a doorman (as a bloody hobby mind you). My gran actually got me in to wrestling to some degree and told me stories with lines such as "you would have got on so well", as most of his doorman work was apparently at the wrestling.

She often said things like, "he knew them all" and ended up travelling up and down the county with them. I've since found out that he did this mainly during the early 30's up until when he died in the 50's.

My good old gran isn't with us anymore either, but I seriously want to find out more info on shows my great grandad was working and the characters he hung with. He was apparently well liked as he was a doctor too.

Cool cat. I just don't know where to start looking.

Archived