Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Apparently The Headbangers are due to appear on Smackdown

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-confirms-headbangers-for-smackdown/

Now, back in the day, I liked these, but my main memory is their figures in the Argos catalogue around 2001. 

Headbasher Mash and Headbanger Thrasher. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were no Headbangers figures around by 2001. WWF started doing the Titan Tron Live figures in late 1999, and Mosh and Thrasher never got them. At a guess, the last figures of them came out around WrestleMania 15 time, so it was probably Christmas '98 or possibly '99 when they'd have last been in Argos. I used to love the little mini ring and figure sets they did in the late nineties. I think this one was in the Argos book that came out in summer 98:

1082003463.jpg

• Paid Members

Heath Slater is the fucking man. I absolutely love him at the moment. Rhino should get a mention too, that skit could have been a complete trainwreck but it was alright. Wouldn't have had the wife. Unless it's a funny ploy for him to try and con sympathy.

It's probably Vince and his mad grudge at being born a southerner.

Loved that segment. Rhyno really has great comedic timing and facial expressions and Slater is having a lot of fun.

Nice little match with AJ/Crews. Happy to watch Styles wrestle anyone at the moment.

Strong work from the Miz again but out of all the potential avenues they could've taken from his big promo, Ziggler was bottom of that list for me.

They're going to ruin this Heath Slater thing, aren't they?

They seem to have an innate desire to murder any organic humour completely dead. I guarantee his wife and her squirty cheese will be doing high jump over a great white within a few weeks.

They do generally ruin most things so it's a fine line. He's getting over though and people are talking about him so it'll be interesting to see how far they take it. As a one off, the home interview was probably enough.

I'm not against other different Slater/Rhyno pieces like that. Slater is the kinda guy that needs them really, but yeah the typical WWE overkill will probably come soon enough.

• Paid Members

That was the follow up for The Miz? Fucking hell. And tripping over his words too. Ziggler continues to be pretty decent on the stick though. Surprising.

Headbangers looked in great shape. Music and match were bland but still. That Slater/Rhyno segment was quite amusing. Dunno if the Headbangers were a one off but managing to bloody up Rhyno with a potato won't help their cause.

The show was dull. Really dull.

• Paid Members

I quite liked the show overall. Wouldn’t crucify anyone for calling it dull, the booking is all solid enough but it really does have B-Show written all over it. It’s all so quintessentially blue brand. I worry for the ratings long term.

Loved that Slater/Rhino segment – they made it work in the face of some awful material. I thought Miz and Ziggler did well and AJ/Crews is a nice little mini TV feud to do if they choose to go in that direction. The Headbangers were about as over they were 90% of their run - it did seem to be a one and done so that’s fine.

I don’t know what it is but you just can’t convince me to stick around for these Dean Ambrose TV main events. I’m just turning the show off when he comes out. That’s nothing against Corbin either, they have to persist with people like him if they’re ever going to make stars. There’s just not enough time in the day to stick around for a Smackdown main event. I’m enjoying the pacing of the story progression through the show overall though.

I don’t know what it is but you just can’t convince me to stick around for these Dean Ambrose TV main events.

Same. I'm doing a total Triple H betrayal and am ready to admit to myself he's just not championship material now. The best role they could have done for him was constantly approaching the belt as a violent schizophrenic but they blew it with green goo and psychic evaluations and leaving him off the boil for too long. Even seeing him with the belt now I'm still not convinced that would have eventually worked either.

I love him he's just... yeah. Not a top guy. Poor Dean.

It's also probably not good that I'm already constantly thinking "god Raw's been pretty good since the split, imagine if they had those three or four guys that I wanna watch on Smackdown, too."

Dean could be a top guy if they bothered, but they're not really doing anything with him right now. He's always had the potential to be interesting but there's really nothing there right now which is a shame.

Potentially not for a long time, but he could be a credible champ for a time. Sadly I think they don't really know what to do with him, or aren't willing to let him go all out as a character. Not sure really.

Archived