Smackdown Discussion Thread

I'd disagree with you about the count out, Linus. It wasn't as if Ziggler was waiting in the ring trying to get the count out win, he got in at 9 and it was either that or the match would end as a draw. At this rate, in theory he should get another shot since he won the match, if not the title. Sure, either way I'm sure they'll have a million more matches, but that's the theory.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A New Day are fucking terrible.

Yeah, I caught them on Smackdown earlier today. Rubbish, just the same three guys with added pointless clapping at the end. What a waste of vignettes. Then again, they could be just testing the waters on Smackdown, like they did with Rusev, and they could do something more on Raw.

• Paid Members

Not quite sure why they edited it out. Nothing too shocking. The exact promo was:

"It's time that everyone knows the real truth about A.J. Lee. Yes, we have heard over and over again your sob story. But, you want to know what? I have worked harder. I want you to take a look at what a real Divas champion looks like. A.J., I want you to know that forever through these fearless eyes, you will always be a pathetic, manipulative little girl from New Jersey."

For timing, or because they thought it was crap, or because they thought it was good and wanted to do it on Raw instead.

I'm sure someone would have clocked the irony of AJ's Raw speech and cut it before the broadcast if they had the option. Although nobody seemed to notice at the script stage, so who knows.

• Paid Members

The promo as transcribed above is pretty much word-for-word what aired on the UK version, save for some very minor differences (she actually says "manipulating" instead of "manipulative" for example).

But there's nothing there missing from the UK broadcast, and the meanings are all precisely the same.

Watching it, it feels like there's an edit after the words "sob story", so I'm guessing she elaborated on that, & the transcript is actually of the edited version anyway.

I watched Smackdown for the first time in a while it wasn't that bad actually. Miz TV was fun and Mizdow is one of the best things about the current product. I enjoyed the Battle Royal - Impressed with Rusev and Rowan at the moment. Big Show is just utter shite. Loved the Ryback 3:16/Rollins match. I'm actually looking forward to Ryback Vs Kane at TLC. I can imagine this being a chair match. Don't have any interest in Ziggler and Harper.

Considering the lack of Orton or Cena. Strong show

I watched Smackdown for the first time in a while it wasn't that bad actually. Miz TV was fun and Mizdow is one of the best things about the current product. I enjoyed the Battle Royal - Impressed with Rusev and Rowan at the moment. Big Show is just utter shite. Loved the Ryback 3:16/Rollins match. I'm actually looking forward to Ryback Vs Kane at TLC. I can imagine this being a chair match. Don't have any interest in Ziggler and Harper.

Considering the lack of Orton or Cena. Strong show

Bryan anounced it as a Chairs match when he made the announcement of the match for TLC. 

• Paid Members

Full Nikki Bella, courtesy of the DVDVR board:

I'm not going to sit here and say trashy, classless things like Ms. Lee did. Because unlike Ms. Lee, I have to think about the kids in the audience. We have heard over and over and over again your sob story. Yes, we've heard how hard you've had work. But you want to know what? I've worked harder. The fact that makes you different from you and me is that I don't have to tell everyone so they'll like me. And most important, that's what makes me fearless! And let me tell you something, you wanna know why you don't have any friends? It's because you think your story so better, that's why you feel so threaten by anyone who isn't like you. Take a look, a real hard look at a real woman. A classy woman. I want you to take a look at what a real divas' champion looks like. AJ, I want you to know that forever, until you die, you will always be that pathetic, manipulative little girl from New Jersey.

Archived