Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Loved that opening segment with the "insider" digs that the crowd oohed and ahhed for. Disappointingly it didn't lead to a huge brawl, just Teddy Long making it a Triple Threat match playa.

Love that Miz mentioned Ziggles didn't deserve a title shot in the first place. He was right but who does deserve one? Cena lost to the Champion at SummerSlam, clean in the middle of the ring, and he's in line for the first shot.

Fatal 5 way just felt so lazy. When the Ascension's music hit, I genuinely had no idea who it was.

Miz stuff was interesting but then he lost in the main event. So same old.

Jack Swagger jumped already. So Raw drafted him and gave him a 2 month contract. You heartless bitch, Steph.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God bless the announcers for making out that Swaggers arrival was in any way impressive or important.

Who the fuck agreed to give him a microphone?

AJ Styles looks boss with the title. John Cena is still the biggest star in wrestling. Dean Ambrose looks like he smells of piss.

Jack Swagger needs future endeavoured. 

Not sure why they'd have him lose to Jinder Mahal on Monday if they were planning him making a surprise appearance on SmackDown the following night. The only time he's ever been good was when he had Zeb as his mouth piece. Literally painful watching him splutter out that promo last night.

• Paid Members

Jack Swagger has been in WWE for 8 years. That's mental.

Rather than making the easy point that he's been there longer than Austin was during his in-ring run, or The Rock before he went to Hollywood, instead I'll point out that he's been there longer than Dino Bravo was. And Dino Bravo, of all people, will probably end up more memorable than Swagger.

Yeah Alexa winning is best for now. She gets to rub shoulders with the champ, thus elevating her a bit and Becky gets to go over in her first defense in what should be a decent match and decent start to her reign.

Don't really get why Cena deserves a title shot though. oh well, it should at least be a good match.

Ziggler is another who shouldn't even be allowed the microphone, all his promos sound like an 12 year old in an E-Fed. 

"You will never be main event Miz" 

I take it he forgot the time Miz was the world champion?

Anyway I thought Smackdown was okay this week, I don't expect a great show but quite liked Cena/Ambrose/Styles at the beginning, Slater getting his contract & Miz/Bryan hotting up.

I can see Slater/Rhyno turning on one another, Slater maybe getting too cocky and them losing the title, either that or Rhyno will sleep with his wife and be the new daddy to the 7 kids. 

• Paid Members

Rhyno will sleep with his wife and be the new daddy to the 7 kids. 

Ok, now you've put this thought in my head, this is the only way I want this angle to head. I wan to see Rhyno in a big truck pulling away Heath's trailer, as Heath scrambles after him.

Bret talked about wrestling Dino Bravo in the back of a car in Wrestling With Shadows so yeah his place in memory is far more secure than Jack Swagger's.

Only time I've ever enjoyed him was all of us singing along "Jack wants you, woahhhhh yeah!" at a WrestleMania party. Still not even sure if those were the words to his song.

Rhyno will sleep with his wife and be the new daddy to the 7 kids. 

Ok, now you've put this thought in my head, this is the only way I want this angle to head. I wan to see Rhyno in a big truck pulling away Heath's trailer, as Heath scrambles after him.

Either that or Rhyno grows close to the family, then runs off with her never to be seen again and Slater is left to bring up the 7 kids by himself and therefore demands a higher paid contract as a single dad to 7 kids. 

Archived