Who has the best punch in wrestling?

Devon Malcolm

Bobby Eaton used to hold his opponent in a headlock bring him over for a camera close up and punch the guy right in the eye. It looked great.

Another good one is Barry Windham, or Terry Funk too.

Actually, the majority of pre mid-90s wrestlers threw good punches. This is something the new training facility should be putting emphasis on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin's punches were terrible. The Lou Thesz press brushing was weak shit. With the Rock I could never get past the blatant thigh slapping.

Bobby Eaton is a good one. Loved the headlock jab he did. Great wrist action. Dutch Mantell, Bill Dundee . . all the Memphis lot.

It's only now it's been mentioned that I realise how great the Bossman was. Is their any good punchers left? Seems like a lost art.

I will always have a soft spot for Macho Mans quick jabs. Undertaker isn't half bad, though he has a tendency to throw a good one, then a crap looking one straight after.

Does anyone really punch anymore, i feel like everyone just uses kicks and inziguiris. RVD and his forearm smashes are pure rubbish though.

I concur with Michael Hayes' left jab, it is one of my favourite things ever, just waiting for it to crop up in every match. Oh shit Hayes is the corner, Smothers is running in, here it comes, BAM!

Beat me to it! Was catching up with Vintage Collection earlier & Hayes' lefts really stood out during the six-man tag.

Archived