Who has the best punch in wrestling?

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

80-90% of "Does Butch think he rules?" comes down to good punches, and it's hard to beat Bill Dundee, Michael Hayes, Jerry Lawler, Arn Anderson and the best punch I've ever seen...

Bobby Eaton. Absolutely fantastic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will always have a soft spot for Macho Mans quick jabs.

Same here. I always liked how he done a series of left jabs and then followed it up with a short intense right.

This might not be a popular choice but I always had a soft spot for the heart punch Crush used to give.

Do vaders clouts around the head count? His corner beat downs where the best

Vader's punches and strikes are great - not showy, just brutish battering. Like many mentioned, it's probably because he's laying them on pretty hard.

• Paid Members

I was alwys a fan of Jake Robert's jabs too especially when DiBiase was selling them.

Scott Hall wins this hands down though (or should that be hands up?!) apparently Cody Hall has learnt from the master and throws a mean punch now, hopefully he carries on the family tradition and keeps it alive.

• Paid Members
The Rock and Razor Ramon for me, must be a Miami thing. They also sell Stunners better than anyone..

No they didn't. I hated their Stunner sells! Shane and Slaughter were the masters there. Angle was decent too.

Great shout on Roddy Piper in the Backlot Brawl. I echo Ians sentiments there almost exactly. I remember watching that thinking, jesus he's really laying them in and lamping him there. Looked great and at the time made me think this fruitbooty Goldust chap is actually pretty nails.

Don't think he's been mentioned but Triple H has a nice punch I think. Always really loved Brets.

• Paid Members

His punches overall are rubbish, but I always liked Christian's uppercut throat-thrust thingy - where and when he'd place it, and how the opponent sold it, made it look like a "great equaliser" for smaller guys on the back foot against bigger opponents, a little like Austin Aries' ear-box, but less pony.

Also, agreed with SOC on Triple H - his punches have good form, as he steps into them and makes them look like his entire body weight is behind them.

A shout for Billy Gunn's flicker jab too.

His punches overall are rubbish, but I always liked Christian's uppercut throat-thrust thingy - where and when he'd place it, and how the opponent sold it, made it look like a "great equaliser" for smaller guys on the back foot against bigger opponents, a little like Austin Aries' ear-box, but less pony.

Yeah, I like Christian for that. He nicked the Bossman's slide out the ring into a punch as well, so I can only assume that the two will be fueding over that on the buildup to next year's Royal Rumble.

Archived