Who has the best punch in wrestling?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I see people say Vince McMahon took the worst stunner but I disagree. It looked like it killed him every time.

Agreed. The first one he took from Austin when he just crumbled next to him, it looked deadly.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think anyone who flies backwards from the stunner is shite at selling it (the "Wrestlemania Stunner" from WMX8 being the prime example), It's supposed to knock you out

In 1996, it didn't knock you out, it electrocuted you or turned you epileptic or something.

I think anyone who flies backwards from the stunner is shite at selling it (the "Wrestlemania Stunner" from WMX8 being the prime example), It's supposed to knock you out

In 1996, it didn't knock you out, it electrocuted you or turned you epileptic or something.

I seem to remember Savio Vega taking it and squirming around for ages on the floor afterwards, I think the commentators passed it off as Austin had driven his throat into his shoulder, which wasn't a bad cover to be fair

• Paid Members
Supreme in XPW, brought to my attention by Ian in one of his indy wank threads, the most authentic aesthetic looking punches you'll see.

I was going to mention that. Never seen the guy wrestle but that clip Ian posted had some fantastic punches in it. For me it has to be either Lawler or Funk. Funks jabs and his wild swing when he was swaying on his feet were both done perfectly.

There are definitely two ways to take the Stunner.

One is the "my neck's been broken" style where you just crumple, like Vince. The other is the "force of impact hurtles me backwards" one, which Hall took to an extreme by taking a full back bump after a jump.

HHH's one is a nice compromise, where he doesn't really leave his knees but just topples backwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV0Jbx8EezQ

A nice collection of Stunners, including The Rock's ridiculous one.

What wrestling do you watch Rosler? I'm not settign you up for anything, jsut interested as to what wrestling you enjoy if you don't like punches because of their lack of reality. Bushido?

Yes bushido is good. Used to be on euro sport yrs ago. i like the old british wrestling. not a fan of the american style. i want to see things as realistic as possible.

There are definitely two ways to take the Stunner.

One is the "my neck's been broken" style where you just crumple, like Vince. The other is the "force of impact hurtles me backwards" one, which Hall took to an extreme by taking a full back bump after a jump.

HHH's one is a nice compromise, where he doesn't really leave his knees but just topples backwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV0Jbx8EezQ

A nice collection of Stunners, including The Rock's ridiculous one.

Still think Sgt Slaughter's selling of the stunner back in 1997 was IMO one of the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBIGVoOnAg (Forward clip to 2:35) Looked brutal.

Archived