The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Not that I won't mark for Goldy's return on Monday but I would prefer if he come out in the Goldust gear, sans paint and cuts a promo based on Cody's from last week about the Rhodes family being treated like jokes before declaring that it won't be Goldust facing Orton but rather 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes. Of course it won't happen that way like but it would be cool if it did

• Paid Members

All I could find was 2.85 for last week, which was apparently down from the previous week but had competition from college gootball and people being out and about for Labor Day. Apparently Smackdown ratings are up since Summerslam, which makes sense seeing as they've been loading it with stuff that matters for a change.

EDIT: Looked harder. Summerslam go-home did a 3.0, the night after Summerslam did a 3.24, and the week after that did a 3.07. So they've been dropping off since Summerslam, but before Labor Day and the start of the football season (which might remain an issue with NFL games on tonight) they were higher than the go-home for Summerslam, which itself was up on the week before.

I'll put all that in an easier-to-read format:

2 weeks before Summerslam: 2.96

Summerslam go-home: 3.0

Night after Summerslam: 3.24

26th August (first show without Cena): 3.07

Last week with Labor Day and college football: 2.85

From cagesideseats.com, if anyone was wondering.

Edited by Up Chuck

• Paid Members
Out of curiosity, is it too early to tell how ratings have been affected since Cena has been gone? I was interested whethrr they'd stayed about the same or not.

Ratings dont matter much. You can have 800,000 people watching, but if all those 800,000 people buys the PPV, its all good. Its all about getting your audience to pay for the event. Its buyrates and merch sales at the arenas that will be the question marks. If Cena's absence means Orton vs Bryan at the next PPV will deliver horrible business, then that's when alarm bells will start ringing. The next PPVs buyrate will be very interesting.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

That's an interesting point, actually. Even if the ratings do drop off with no Cena and more football and whatever else, we all know full well that everyone who's tuning in is getting a pretty quality product right now. The REALLY interesting stat will be the buyrate Night of Champions compared with the ratings leading up to it, then compared with that same ratio from other PPVs, especially other B-PPVs with no Cena.

Everyone reckon Bryan gets the upper hand tonight on the go-home show, then loses on Sunday? Or he gets clattered again tonight and wins Sunday?

Logic would dictate that he cost's Orton his match with Goldust! Or, he could just get outsmarted and laid out for the 9th time in a row to really restore confidence in his character.

• Paid Members

Jeez, I didn't even realise tonight was the go-home. Yeah, gotta be Bryan standing tall with the "YES"es blowing the roof off, hasn't it? Then another big screwjob on Sunday. I think they'll save Big Show snapping for Sunday, too, if he gets fired tonight it'll kill off a lot of anticipation.

Yeah, I think he needs a diversion from the title picture to be made on Sunday, likely in the form of Big Show. I think the Night of Champions buy rate is going to be lower. Orton and Bryan can put on a good match, but Bryan does need to be made to look like he can win it. Shit, I've just realised that this is the last Raw before the PPV. He needs to look strong in this one. I'm not sure the Punk vs. Axel and Heyman match is a strong enough pull either.

Jeez, I didn't even realise tonight was the go-home. Yeah, gotta be Bryan standing tall with the "YES"es blowing the roof off, hasn't it? Then another big screwjob on Sunday. I think they'll save Big Show snapping for Sunday, too, if he gets fired tonight it'll kill off a lot of anticipation.

I've got a terrible feeling that we may see they dreaded return of the Montreal finish on Sunday! I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Paid Members

Some other stuff's gotta be added yet, there's only 4 matches announced. You'd think it'd be Show and Menry vs the Shield for the tag belts, but they've had to cut it fine with Menry's injury so that'll feel a lot more hotshotted than it otherwise might. But I doubt that'll be the extent of Show's involvement.

Need a US title match for Ambrose, too. Is there anyone at that level who's been on Bryan's side? Miz would be the obvious one I guess.

• Paid Members

Bryan needs to take something away from tonight, but I don't know if it makes sense for him to stand tall at the end of the show. Unless he finds someone to join his side, it's still him vs the world, effectively. Maybe he will get his hands on Orton though. Tap him out before the Shield and co swamp him.