The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

That was actually Graves, wasn't it? Hilarious either way

Not sure, but my main gripe about the current crops of commentators is that too many of them sound alike. In the past I've never had difficulty distinguishing between voices, but it's a fairly frequent annoyance on both shows now.

Cracking main event that's all you really need to see from this. The Highlight Reel with Zayn was also good.

Jinder Mahal v Jack Swagger tho, fuck me.....and we DIDN'T get singles Bubba Ray!!

I would assume so, seems they're doing indie dates including ICW. It would be cool if they came back and cost Anderson & Gallows the tag titles but I'm fairly sure they're done.

• Paid Members

Swagger is alive! Mahal has found peace! Mahal wins! Swagger's Raw contract is up soon (How?)! The drama!

Great main. Delighted to see Rusev.

Highlight reel was decent to although it had a very strong "one segment to build a match" vibe. Makes sense though.

Women did a decent job in the opener although not sure why Bayley was supposed to act like she's never spoken before.

Rest, meh.

• Paid Members

Rollins seems to still be a heel. The end portion of the show from Kevin Owens backstage, the main event, Rollins and Rusev getting involved etc was all very good. Strongest part of the show being the main event and it's interconnecting characters was good to see. The rest of the show had very little of interest.

It's disappointing that WWE have booked Reigns the way they have. He never has a bad match and does have that superstar aura, but it feels like the horse has bolted the trap where he is concerned. They've continued to proceed down this path with him long after it's been shown it isn't going to work.

Edited by WeeAl

Reigns/Rusev, Rollins/Owens & Zayn/Jericho all really good stuff. Clash of Champions shaping up to be a decent card.

This all came late into the 3 hour show though, I literally skipped the entirety of the rest. One thing that dawned on me last night is that the New Day has ran it's course. I find their act really tired and repetitive now. Was there supposed to be a break out star from the 3? I'm really not sure they've achieved that or where any of the 3 guys go from here, post-stable.

The Club have been really disappointing too. Expected so much more from one of the most highly acclaimed teams in the world. At the moment they couldn't lace The Revival's boots and the sooner they are on the main roster the better.

I still have some love for the New Day and these days that's 95% down to the wonderfulness of Big E. No doubt in my mind he's the star. The gaming spods should see Woods have a decent run too.

Edited by sj5522

To be fair, there was a good bit where they made out they were gonna have a look at Anderson & Gallow's Old Day antics on the big screen before saying psyche! and that they burned that footage so that no one would ever have to see it again. It all started to go downhill as an act in my opinion after they somehow managed to get that Booty O's shit over, it was about that time they stopped coming out with fresh stuff every week and just said the same things again. Of course having a catchphrase is a good thing but imagine tuning in now with no context and seeing them having a big old bowl of booty o's? Fuck, I've tuned in every week for coming up on three years now and even I have no idea what the hell Booty O's are supposed to be or why they're cool/funny/over. Fair play to them on getting something so nonsensical and meaningless genuinely over but they lost me a bit.

Shame there's no marketability in them just bugging Seth Rollins, rocking out to people's theme tunes and licking a kazoo out of spite.

Edited by sj5522

Women's match to open was alright, though surprised to see Bayley take the fall. Surely, with Dana in there, it made sense for her to be the one to lose. That would give Charlotte even more reason to berate her. 

Bo Dallas is beating jobbers - again. Is he eligible for the Cruiserweight division? Because they can't be building him for either the US or Universal Titles.

Zayn and Jericho on the highlight reel was ok. Nothing special and nowhere near as good as Jericho has been recently. Still, one of the more entertaining spots on a rather bland show.

Cesaro and Sheamus are still going at it, Cesaro is still wearing his dodgy tape on both shoulder and back. Sheamus can beat a fully healthy Cesaro three times, but Cesaro with a dodgy back can now beat Sheamus. It's going the full seven matches! And knowing WWE, they'll probably have the seventh match end in a double count-out at Clash of Champions so we can a definitive answer inside Hell in a Cell (RAW's next brand only ppv)

Nia Jax looked as good as here as she has since she made the jump to the main roster. Spearing Fox through the barricade was something different for the women, so that's a plus.

New Day against the Club was a decent enough match, the promo bit beforehand though went on an age. I don't know whether they're dragging the reign out to beat Demolition's but if they are, we've got another thirteen weeks (at least) of New Day as champs as they're currently 91 days behind Demolition. Not long after that though is Roadblock, a RAW exclusive PPV. Just in time for them to drop the titles and Big E to win the Rumble.

Jack Swagger and Jinder Mahal in the New Era. Good fucking god.

Enzo jobbing last week to the Shining Stars was bad enough, this week he had to do it again. Even if it was by outside help from the other one. Enzo and Cass have gone from Jericho and Owens to the Primo and Epico. What a fucking fall and by no fault of their own because they still remain the most over act in the company. Like New Day, it's amazing what crowd interaction can accomplish.

Main event saved the show from being a total waste of time. Happy to see Reigns lose - not because I hate him but because putting him back in the main event would do him no favours right now - happy to see Rusev, completely unexpected, happy to see Owens win and call out Rollins' "annoying" laugh. Happy to see no Steph, not so happy to see Foley here there and everywhere though.