The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Lot of fairly big names reaching out to Lionheart on Twitter, which is cool to see. Latest is Taz:

TAZ ‏@OfficialTAZ

@LionheartUK Best of health 2 u in your recovery. I just wanted to pass along some advice, be as patience & positive as u can. Stay strong.

Taz suffered a bad neck injury himself in ECW back in 1995, so probably knows what Lionheart is going through.

I've also seen a couple of messages on Twitter from Kid Kash and Road Dogg.

Fantatsic weekend of shows. As others have stated the stand out matches for me were Gresham/Mastiff from Night one and Hope/Manson vs Maria/Bennet from Night two. Just an awesome weekend. Unfortunatley the incident at the end left an awful sickening taste in the mouth and for those 4 or 5 minutes when the crowd stood there in silence, save for a few Lionheart chants and a bit of applause, were so scary. PCW desevre a ton of credit for the fast and efficient way they dealt with it and emptied the building out - same could be said for Chris Hero who was out selling his merch and was immediatley at the ring to offer assitance. I won't forget that sight of having to walk past a prone Lionheart in the ring whilst he was being worked on. Totally fucking scary and really hits home the fact that as a fan we can take these guys for granted - love them or hate them but each and everyone risks his/her life for us to have an entertaining evening. Really hits home. Glad to hear that the prognosis isn't as bad as first feared and fingers crossed that Liono makes a full recovery.

Saying that, its a dangerous move and one that should be saved for when he works on ROH TV or TNA or New Japan. Not on indy shows, where nobody is going to care one way or the other. He's got the calf submission if he wants to do it on the smaller shows.

This is a fair point. I've seen guys on UK shows do the Vertabreaker, the Canadian Destroyer and any number of head drop suplexes but why would you? What does hitting a Vertabreaker in front of less than 200 people in a town hall actually achieve? I don't think it massively increases the pop for the finish and I'd question if it was worth the risk even if it did.

• Paid Members

Very happy to hear Lionheart has been walking, hopefully a full recovery is on the cards, and (utterly secondary to the bloke being alright) hopefully one day makes a triumphant return to the ring.

Full results from the weekend as I noticed they weren't put up, obviously in the wake of the shocking injury to Liono :

FRIDAY 28TH FEBRUARY 2014 * PCW ROAD TO GLORY 2014 ROUND 1 * EVOQUE, PRESTON

(1) Kris Travis pinned Martin Kirby after the Death Star Driver, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(2) Dave Rayne pinned Grado, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(3) Joey Hayes beat Robbie X by submission to a crossface, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(4) Dave Mastiff pinned Jonothan Gresham after a cannonball, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(5) Bubblegum pinned The Godfather with a schoolboy, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(6) Chris Masters beat Cyanide by stoppage with the Masterlock, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(7) Chris Hero beat Noam Dar by submission with the Stretch Plum Alpha, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(8) Mike Bennett pinned Danny Hope, to advance in the Road To Glory Tournament.

(9) Team Single beat Lionheart & AJ Styles, T-Bone pinning Styles after a piledriver from Rampage, after Lionheart abandoned his partner.

SATURDAY 1ST MARCH 2014 * PCW ROAD TO GLORY 2014 QUARTER-FINALS * EVOQUE, PRESTON

(1) Martin Kirby won a four-corners over Noam Dar, Robbie X and Tommaso Ciampa, pinning Robbie after a Fameasser.

(2) Dave Mastiff pinned Dave Rayne after a running senton in the Quarter-Finals of the Road To Glory Tournament. *

(3) Chris Hero pinned Bubblegum after the Death Blow in the Quarter-Finals of the Road To Glory Tournament.

(4) Kris Travis pinned Mike Bennett after a Tiger driver in the Quarter-Finals of the Road To Glory Tournament.

(5) Team Single beat Mad Man Manson & Danny Hope, Rampage pinning Hope after a piledriver.

(6) Chris Masters beat Joey Hayes by stoppage with the Masterlock in the Quarter-Finals of the Road To Glory Tournament.

* This match was for the #BOOM Championship, Rayne retaining by pointing out that Rule 2 in his rulebook stated that the title can not be won by men with "irregular length" beards.

SATURDAY 1ST MARCH 2014 * PCW ROAD TO GLORY 2014 FINALS * EVOQUE, PRESTON

(1) Joey Hayes won a triangle match over Dave Rayne and Robbie X, making Rayne submit to a crossface. *

(2) Chris Masters pinned Chris Hero with a victory roll cutback in the Semi-Finals of the Road To Glory Tournament.

(3) Dave Mastiff pinned Kris Travis after a cannonball in the Semi-Finals of the Road To Glory Tournament.

(4) ROH World Television Champion Tomasso Ciampa pinned Martin Kirby after Project Ciampa.

(5) Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis beat Mad Man Manson & Danny Hope when Maria pinned Hope.

(6) PCW Tag Team Champions Team Single beat Battle Squad Awesome via combination powerbomb (Rampage) and flying elbow (T-Bone). **

(7) Papa Shango pinned Bubblegum after a shoulderbreaker.

(8) Chris Masters beat Dave Mastiff by stoppage with the Masterlock to win the Road To Glory Tournament.

(9) PCW Heavyweight Champion Lionheart pinned AJ Styles with a schoolboy. ***

* This match was for the #BOOM Championship, Rayne retaining by pointing out that his rulebook stated that the title can not be won by submission on (IIRC) the 1st, 9th or 15th day of the month. After the match Fludder informed Rayne he would be defending the title at the Supershow IV event against The Hurricane.

** After the match a video aired where ROH Tag Team Champions reDragon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) challenged Team Single for Supershow IV.

*** With Styles seemingly on the verge of victory, Joey Hayes entered the ring intending to cash in his MITB briefcase. Styles moved to stop him, audibly promising him a title shot as soon as he put Lionheart away. Hayes seemed to acquiesce but then punched Styles who then ejected him from the ring. Lionheart tried to steal the win with an O'Connor roll and Styles kicked out, but was distracted again by Joey on the apron before Lionheart pinned him with a schoolboy and a handful of tights.

My favourite chant of the weekend was "Maria wears a strap-on." Well, other than "Briefcase Wanker" obviously.

Edited by air_raid

The updates keep getting more positive!

Adrian Lionheart McCallum

Doctor has said he is happy for me to go home in a collar and a lot of drugs in hand... I will be referred to the hospital in Ayr where I will get my ongoing physio treatment... Huge thanks to my darling Alison and my wonderful parents who drove down and stayed overnight to be with me... Also much love to Steven and Elizabeth for looking after my parents and Alison, Andrew for visiting and making sure I was getting looked after properly... Also a final and special thanks to Steven, Kristoffer Travis and Noam Dar who stayed with me throughout the Saturday evening and early hours... Love you x

Will keep posting updates for those wanting to keep informed x