The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Just heard on Observer Radio that A.J. Styles could be at the TNA tapings in Orlando TONIGHT (Thursday December 5th) where he might be facing:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Magnus in a TNA World title unification match, to be aired later this month. A.J.'s contract legit runs out at the end of this month and there's still not been any renewal signed.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

So who knows if he's even going to be at PCW tomorrow night. Would appear extremely doubtful, if he's in Orlando tonight.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members
Gutted. Really think all that build up was to lead to nothing?

Someone else in his place surely?

In the kayfabe world of wrestling though he is still World Champion, so they can always bring him over and pull that as he has not dropped the title on TV yet.

Gutted. Really think all that build up was to lead to nothing?

Someone else in his place surely?

In the kayfabe world of wrestling though he is still World Champion, so they can always bring him over and pull that as he has not dropped the title on TV yet.

The way Greg Lambert is acting on Twitter, that might be what they're going to do.

Getting him here in time for the show tonight seems impossible though, based on flight times/availability.

If he's now a legit free agent, I can see him being on the Road 2 Glory show, as Styles will be in the U.K. the following week doing 'An Evening with AJ Styles' shows to promote his book.

• Paid Members

I don't think they've ever said Styles was going to be there tonight, have they? Apologies if I missed it, but I wasn't expecting him. He'd be all over the advertising if he was, surely? I was just expecting something like a video message from him, accepting Lionheart's challenge for some time next year (March?).

I don't think they've ever said Styles was going to be there tonight, have they? Apologies if I missed it, but I wasn't expecting him. He'd be all over the advertising if he was, surely? I was just expecting something like a video message from him, accepting Lionheart's challenge for some time next year (March?).

Styles is mentioned all over the PCW twitter account, Lionheart saying his next opponent would be 'Phenomenal' at the last show and the card doesn't mention an opponent by name, even the Lancashire Evening Post are running a story on it so I can see why people are making the connection. Personally not fussed if he is there or not tonight, its all about Vader time for me.

You armed with a sign again tonight? #DirtyLeeds!

Edited by windoesnot

You're right, they never said his name. But as windoesnot posted, it was clearly planting the idea he'd be there.

No big deal, VADER will be there tonight! :thumbsup:

Edited by ClassicsGuy

My first pcw show tonight and although It didn't love up to the hype, it didn't majorly disappoint.

1st match - turned up near the end can't really comment.

2nd match - decent 4way don't see the Dave rayne love, really seemed out of his depth apart from that was a good match bubblegum was seemless. First time seeing Danny hope in a few years and we found him very enjoyable as always Manson is a pleasure to watch.

3rd match - tag match was solid Robbie looked like he fucked himself up. Really can't say much else was a good match.

4 match - it was what it was, not my cuppa was looking forward to this match.

Intermission

5th match - uhaa vs Williams, first time seeing uhaa and he impressed me obviously Doug was Doug pretty much perfect but uhaa seemed genuinely touched by the crowd more that anyone I've ever seen, personally my MOTN.

6 match - not a fan of woman's wrestling and neither is my partner but wasn't a bad match. Favourite part of the match was mindless self indulgence being used as a theme.

7th match - stopped caring when ligeros music hit, that's as a huge lionheart fan.

Main event - didn't really get into the match,st show could of been just the lack of build up to me but didn't click left right after their bell. Maybe missed some high after the match.

Walked away with 2 DVDs and hoping to be at the next show. ( written on iPhone big edit in morning)

Edited by 4tehlulz

Decent show, that. It was great to see Vader even if the match didn't quite turn out to be what everyone seemed to be hoping for (although if we're honest, what did we really expect?). Lionheart/Ligero was probably the best match of the night, but I must admit I'd be quite happy if Lionheart dropped the title and buggered off for a bit. Everything else was enjoyable - the 4 way had plenty of laughs, it was good to see someone different in the tag match (Allmark and Dynamite), and Uhaa Nation seems to have joined Chris Masters on the list of overwhelming crowd favourites. On the downside, while the women's match might not have been the best one ever, it certainly didn't deserve the "that was awful" chants at the end. We could probably have survived without the "hey lads! Bet there's a massive queue in the toilets for Kleenex now! Fnarr fnarr" sort of comments as well. Bit shameful really. Lastly, there seemed to be a fair bit of grumbling going on at the end when the hair vs hair match didn't really end with anyone getting their head shaved. Great match and all, but everyone hanging around to see the loser end up bald only for him to leg it after having just a tiny bit taken off the back was a bit of a letdown!