New Japan iPPV thread

JNLister

Just watched the Ricochet - Ibushi match. Unbelievable. Ricochet's reversal of a frankensteiner was fucking phenomenal, his springboard shooting star press was amazing as well. Very few matches have me in awe nowadays, but this was one of them. Here it is, if anybodies interested

Link

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the Ricochet - Ibushi match. Unbelievable. Ricochet's reversal of a frankensteiner was fucking phenomenal, his springboard shooting star press was amazing as well. Very few matches have me in awe nowadays, but this was one of them. Here it is, if anybodies interested

Link

Thanks for the link. Amazing watch.

Very rarely do I see a move that I have never seen before but the move at the end had me in awe.

It was fantastic wasn't it? I am a complete novice in regards to Japanese wrestling but I'm going to have to get into it now. It was like watching a WCW Cruiserweight match for the first time when I was a child.

How the fuck could WWE pass on a guy like Ricochet? He's only 25, so he's only going to get better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Although Ustream is dropping PPVs from September, NJPW has finally confirmed all the G1 shows will be on Ustream. They're priced individually at $15 or $25 depending on how big the show is. You can also get all 12 shows for $150, or $110 if you order before July 20.

Very happy to see Honma replace Ibushi, he's had a good year and deserves his spot.

The new G1 Trophy

a76c3fa2.jpg

Press Conference. some people made the effort to look like stars, some wore a t-shirt

and yes, Ishii confirms he's the coolest guy in New Japan

Day 1 (no spoilers)

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Big Lump Fale Surprisingly good considering it's Fale but Ishii again is awesome here
Shelton Benjamin vs. Doc Gallows: very skippable
Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Karl Anderson: Decent, skippable if you don't have the time
Satoshi Kojima vs. Yuji Nagata: very enjoyable
Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki: Skip it
Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi: Good inspite of Yujiro's usually shittyness
Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto Not a big fan of it, still decent
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomoaki Honma huge fun, Tanahashi as awesome as always, Honma proving he deserves his spot. Crowd loved it.
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Katsuyori Shibata Not as great as i was hoping but still pretty good. Some are saying MOTYC but not for me.
Kazuchika Okada vs. AJ Styles: The worst of their three matches but still good. FWIW I'm not a Styles guy so maybe you'll like it more than me.

Very good show overall

So Yujiro has now nearly injured Okada, Ishii and Naito (fucking scary) this year. Total liabilty

As someone who is currently without a computer and is gonna' be very limited as to what I can watch from this over the next week, that little guide is a massive help Ultimo. If you could keep doing them it'd be greatly appreciated as i'm going to have to cherry pick the shit out of this tourny

As someone who is currently without a computer and is gonna' be very limited as to what I can watch from this over the next week, that little guide is a massive help Ultimo. If you could keep doing them it'd be greatly appreciated as i'm going to have to cherry pick the shit out of this tourny

I used to do a guide like thing on a forum awhile ago for the G1 so i'm used to doing the piffy G1 round up

Crowd on fire for the first half of the show even for Fale/Benjamin which is surprising for an all gaijin match, not as hot after intermission. I'd say there's not a bad match on the show but with it being G1 season there's a few you can skip. Every match is under 15 minutes

Day 2 (no spoilers)

Satoshi Kojima vs.Tomohiro Ishii: Favourite match of the show. Must watch

Shelton Benjamin vs. Bad Luck Fale: i nearly skipped over this but pretty good for these two. they kept it short and pacey.

Hirooki Goto vs. Yujiro Takahashi: As good a match as Yujiro's ever had. pretty good actually.

Tetsuya Naito vs. Lance Archer: I'm not a huge fan of Archer but they really clicked. worth watching to see Archers early 90's WCW jobber pants.

Yuji Nagata vs. Tomoaki Honma At times real good, a few problems but a fun sprint

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. decent. noticably slower then the other matches. not essential.

Toru Yano vs. AJ Styles: It's Yano vs Styles nothings going to surprise you, always interesting seeing different styles class. it's fine.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan Probably the best match after intermission: Tenzan's looking healthy and performing well.

Togi Makabe vs. Karl Anderson: didn't do a lot for me, Makabe looks in serious pain.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Doc Gallows: not too hot. it's fine but skippable

I'd say watch all the first half of the show up to Nakamura/Smith and then watch Okada/Tenzan if you're pushed for time.

Archived