Christian being SKINNY these days

LWOLeN

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned this in the Random Thoughts thread a week or so back, but at is size and with those tiny shoulders, the spear is a totally inappropriate move for him to be doing.

I think what is worse than Christian being skinny is the fact that his wrestling style does not really seem to acknowledge it. People like 123 Kid, Rey Mysterio and Spike Dudley could be quite credible because they wrestled in a way that sold their size as a disadvantage but they used their speed, guts and determination to get by. Christian wrestles like a guy much bigger.

I mentioned this in the Random Thoughts thread a week or so back, but at is size and with those tiny shoulders, the spear is a totally inappropriate move for him to be doing.

I think what is worse than Christian being skinny is the fact that his wrestling style does not really seem to acknowledge it. People like 123 Kid, Rey Mysterio and Spike Dudley could be quite credible because they wrestled in a way that sold their size as a disadvantage but they used their speed, guts and determination to get by. Christian wrestles like a guy much bigger.

But the thing is, Christian isn't even a small guy height wise in 2013 wrestling. And yet he looks worse now than he did when the roster was generally a lot bigger. He just looks older and frailer than he should, it is like he's ill. Regal calling him Benjamin Button a few years ago cracked me up.

He's probably in better shape now, than he was back in his 2001 Intercontinental Title period, but I think the hair helped him out.

christian7.jpg

TNA

cagetomko.jpg

normal_PSlam1.jpg

The crap T-shirt he now wears makes him look a lot worse though in my opinion. I'm still a big fan of his though.

He looks like a wrestler in 2001 and is noticeably bigger. For me it's also his style of baby face fire seems so lame the slow clap in the ring which was ridiculed by Sandow recently is awful. He just needs a few "shall Is" and start his own "we want more chant".

Judging by those pictures, Christian was never massive but he's definately lost a lot of muscle around his neck and shoulders. I guess it is probably a combination of how he's training, injuries, age and wellness that has caused it.

That said, I think he looks like a very healthy 40 year old man, he just doesn't look much like what you expect of a wrestler.

• Paid Members

Apparently, Christian doesn't take any supplements anymore (Creatine, Protein shakes, BCAA's etc) and just goes natural and uses food sources as blocks for protein etc. Couple that with his back, neck and shoulder problems and I actually think he's in relatively fine shape.

Although in saying that, CM Punk doesn't take any supplements, is only a couple years younger and is in good nick.

Apparently, Christian doesn't take any supplements anymore (Creatine, Protein shakes, BCAA's etc) and just goes natural and uses food sources as blocks for protein etc. Couple that with his back, neck and shoulder problems and I actually think he's in relatively fine shape.

Although in saying that, CM Punk doesn't take any supplements, is only a couple years younger and is in good nick.

Genetics play quite a big part in it too though. I don't take any supplements either and follow a modest gym regimen, but have a much larger upper body than Christian. He's just not got that type of natural body shape.

Archived