Christian being SKINNY these days

LWOLeN

I think Christian's in great shape. Especially considering those years he spent getting banged around in TLC matches. He looks athletic, fit, healthy, carries himself well, and works a style that works for his smaller size. He's made sure he can be a good hand for years to come, and he has confidence and a connection with the fans. Plus, he's the ONLY wrestler these days who uses the All-Star hand-clapping thing the right way, to get the fans pumped for the big stuff once they're already behind him, rather than before every single fucking move, like a wristlock reversal is a big deal.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's because that's exactly what Anderson is. That and a fucking disgrace.

Agree with Pitcos on loving Regals dubbing of Christian 'Benajmin Button'. That was tremendous, says it all right there. Similarly enjoyed Rollins referring to him as 'Old Man Christian'. Everyone's slating his t-shirts and Triple-Daz always goes on about his tights being nice. His tights are wank and add to the old-man vibe in my eyes, especially with how high he wears them over his arse. He's the new Captain High-Pants now Michaels has retired. Edge and Christian used to have lovely garb in their earlier days, both ending up with rubbish.

Agree with Pitcos on loving Regals dubbing of Christian 'Benajmin Button'. That was tremendous, says it all right there. Similarly enjoyed Rollins referring to him as 'Old Man Christian'. Everyone's slating his t-shirts and Triple-Daz always goes on about his tights being nice. His tights are wank and add to the old-man vibe in my eyes, especially with how high he wears them over his arse. He's the new Captain High-Pants now Michaels has retired. Edge and Christian used to have lovely garb in their earlier days, both ending up with rubbish.

The Michaels comparison seems an apt one here, because he's the first person who came to mind when I read through this thread. He was in dreadful shape, aesthetically at least, by wrestler standards in his comeback years - just a sallow, scrawny man with all his skin hanging loose like Droopy Dog. I'd be surprised if he legitimately weighed more than 12-13st in his last few years as an active wrestler. Didn't matter of course, because he was better than ever at his craft and had such an aura about him that the look didn't seem incongruent to his character.

As for Christian, I'm out of the loop with WWE so only really have this thread to go by, but he's always been fairly small for a wrestler in the big leagues. Wearing a t-shirt to the ring is a bad sign for anybody though, it screams 'out of shape' and reminds me of that period in WCW where Ric Flair had to wear a polo shirt and slacks to wrestle in because his tits were too flabby and the commentators claimed he was 'wrestling in street clothes to show his lack of respect for the rulemakers in the new WCW'. Christian will never look more money than he did with the spangly hooded ring jacket and warm-up pants in TNA.

• Paid Members

Anderson is the fucking pits! It looks like he does a few chin ups and press ups every day and that's it.

I'd say it's the fake tan that makes Christian look yellow. Either that, or he needs to start drinking copious amounts of cranberry juice and milk thistle to dig his kidneys out.

He actually looked fantastic around this era. Age is a right cunt.

I think Christian's in great shape. Especially considering those years he spent getting banged around in TLC matches. He looks athletic, fit, healthy, carries himself well, and works a style that works for his smaller size. He's made sure he can be a good hand for years to come, and he has confidence and a connection with the fans. Plus, he's the ONLY wrestler these days who uses the All-Star hand-clapping thing the right way, to get the fans pumped for the big stuff once they're already behind him, rather than before every single fucking move, like a wristlock reversal is a big deal.

Really? Since he's returned the fans don't give a shit when his music hits and there doesn't seem to be any reactions during his matches.

• Paid Members

I loved him during the Edge & Christian days but aside from his run when he had his CHRISTIAAAAAAAAAAAAN music, I've rarely cared about his singles stuff aside from the odd match.

As for Christian, I'm out of the loop with WWE so only really have this thread to go by, but he's always been fairly small for a wrestler in the big leagues.

He isn't now though. Wrestlers have gotten smaller. Like X-Pac, he's a mid-sized competitor these days. Or should be.

Wearing a t-shirt to the ring is a bad sign for anybody though, it screams 'out of shape' and reminds me of that period in WCW where Ric Flair had to wear a polo shirt and slacks to wrestle in because his tits were too flabby and the commentators claimed he was 'wrestling in street clothes to show his lack of respect for the rulemakers in the new WCW'. Christian will never look more money than he did with the spangly hooded ring jacket and warm-up pants in TNA.

You've got the wrong end of the stick there. He doesn't wrestle in a T-shirt, he just wears one walking to the ring a la Hogan/everyone.

The Michaels comparison seems an apt one here, because he's the first person who came to mind when I read through this thread. He was in dreadful shape, aesthetically at least, by wrestler standards in his comeback years - just a sallow, scrawny man with all his skin hanging loose like Droopy Dog. I'd be surprised if he legitimately weighed more than 12-13st in his last few years as an active wrestler. Didn't matter of course, because he was better than ever at his craft and had such an aura about him that the look didn't seem incongruent to his character.

As for Christian, I'm out of the loop with WWE so only really have this thread to go by, but he's always been fairly small for a wrestler in the big leagues. Wearing a t-shirt to the ring is a bad sign for anybody though, it screams 'out of shape' and reminds me of that period in WCW where Ric Flair had to wear a polo shirt and slacks to wrestle in because his tits were too flabby and the commentators claimed he was 'wrestling in street clothes to show his lack of respect for the rulemakers in the new WCW'. Christian will never look more money than he did with the spangly hooded ring jacket and warm-up pants in TNA.

Looking back, i never realised how small Michaels was in 2010. Had to be less than 200lb

Another one is Warrior. 91 275lbs of muscle. 92 about 210 looked tiny nxt to Hogan.

There were times when I really liked Christian but I couldn't care less about him these days. He's still a solid hand to have around, but if he left WWE tomorrow it wouldn't make much of a difference to the roster. His signature moves are a bit cack as well. The Killswitch/Unprettier is a bit clunky in terms of getting the opponent in position for it and Kaitlyn's spear looks more convincing than Christian's does (that's not a tranny-based pun by the way). And him and Axel both have the most horrendously toxic orange tans you could wish to see on TV.

Christian isnt as muscular as he once was agreed. But he still looks good. He could definetley put more effort in the gym like the early 00's when he was part of edge and christian tag team.

Hes like Heath Slater, has a ecto morph physiqe so hes never going to get wide or have bulging muscles. Blame his parents haha

Archived