TNA Impact

Loki

I thought it wasn't too bad with Sabin winning the title where hopefully he will face Styles in the main event of Bound For Glory. The episode overall was enjoyable but I was rather disappointed Rubix didn't get the chance to wow the crowd like he did the year prior. I'm unsure who is going to win the title next week as I haven't seen the spoilers but I don't mind who as long as it isn't TJ Perkins.

Destination X note. We all know Spud is tiny, but he looked dwarfish in his match on this show. The most embarrassing bit was when he got in the ring, and posed, and behind him you could clearly see two of the audience look at each other in disbelief and start laughing. That's not a good reaction.

Destination X note. We all know Spud is tiny, but he looked dwarfish in his match on this show. The most embarrassing bit was when he got in the ring, and posed, and behind him you could clearly see two of the audience look at each other in disbelief and start laughing. That's not a good reaction.

I think he would look good with a huge wrestler in a tag team like Hernandez, the size disparity would make for an interesting looking team with Hernandez doing all the huge power move stuff and Spud zipping in with the flying stuff.

You could even have Hernandez use Spud as a human missile and throw him at opponents.

I think he would look good with a huge wrestler in a tag team like Hernandez, the size disparity would make for an interesting looking team with Hernandez doing all the huge power move stuff and Spud zipping in with the flying stuff.

You could even have Hernandez use Spud as a human missile and throw him at opponents.

That move would surely have to be called the 'Spud Gun'

That move would surely have to be called the 'Spud Gun'

He should change his look to this as well:

Spudgun.jpg

• 1 month later...

Watched a little bit of Impact last night for the first time in over a month.

Amongst all the other insanse stuff going on in TNA right now.... Magnus is getting over, isn't he? Crowd chanting for him during Aces & 8s. They've got something with him. Do you think they plan to push him all the way, or give him the Samoa Joe push?

Yeah Magnus has got over really well in TNA now, hopefully they use him correctly to get all they can out of it, but knowing TNA they will find a way to mess it up.

I watched the same showing of TNA last night, god that Styles promo was awful.

• 2 months later...

Watched a whole Impact for the first time in months.

Who are the skinny kids? And who was the guy with the big nose they were wrestling?

What happened to Wes Brisco and his lovely hair?

Wasn't bad actually - Gail Kim did a nice squash of one of the Blossom twins, and Kurt and Aries had a decent outing. They were touting a PPV match where if Bully wins, Ken Anderson leaves TNA and if Anderson wins, A&8s is disbanded.

Talk about win-win!

• Paid Members

The "big nose" is TAFKA Derrick Bateman in WWE (primarily NXT/NXT Redemption) - his gimmick in TNA is that he's Dixie Carter's nephew, so you get the idea with that.

The guys he was wrestling should be any old jobbers - as above, they're running an angle where Dixie has "handpicked some tough competition" for her nephew, etc., then it turns out to be a scrub. However, because it's TNA, he wrestled the one with the goatee at BFG, then the other one the following Impact, then the goatee one again the week after, then the handicap. So it seems the jobbers are sticking around, who knows?

Wes was ousted from Aces & 8s for being a bit shit - IIRC, Bully piledrove him on the ramp or the bare ring boards. Anyway, he's gone. This happened during TNA's spree of actual releases, so I'm fairly sure he's gone in reality, too.

Thanks Statto, living up to your name.

I think I'm the only person in the world who liked Wes Brisco. I won't argue he was the best wrestler, but I enjoyed watching him.

Archived