Smackdown! Spoilers

KingOfMetal

WWE taped the following matches tonight in Topeka, Kansas to air on this week's episode of Main Event:

* Damien Sandow vs. Christian

* Sin Cara vs. Jack Swagger

* Big E Langston vs. Curt Hawkins

Cody Rhodes and Josh Mathews were on commentary.

- The dark match before tonight's tapings in Topeka saw Tensai and Brodus Clay defeat Darren Young and Titus O'Neil.

SmackDown!

* CM Punk opens SmackDown and we see how he and Curtis Axel beat The Prime Time Players on RAW. Punk talks about winning the WWE Title Money in the Bank match and brings up Brock Lesnar. Alberto Del Rio comes out and wants Punk off his show. Punk rips into Del Rio and the fans start chanting "USA." Teddy Long comes out and makes Punk vs. Del Rio for tonight's main event.

* Backstage segment with Punk and Paul Heyman. Heyman wonders if Punk can take Del Rio in the ring tonight. Heyman wants to be in Punk's corner for Money in the Bank but Punk won't let him.

* Damien Sandow comes out and cuts a heel promo. The Usos quickly beat Sandow and Cody Rhodes. After the match, The Shield appear on the big screen and promise to bring justice to The Usos at Money in the Bank.

* Alicia Fox beat Kaitlyn after AJ Lee came out and skipped around the ring to provide distraction.

* Another vignette for The Wyatt Family.

* Kaitlyn finds AJ backstage but AJ runs away. The Bella Twins appear and taunt her. Big E Langston is there and Kaitlyn gets made fun of some more.

* Randy Orton vs. Christian is up next.Good back and forth match with the fans into it. Orton gets the win with a RKO.

* Backstage segment with Teddy Long and Paul Heyman. Heyman will be on commentary for tonight's main event.

* Dolph Ziggler comes out and cuts a promo before quickly defeating Drew McIntyre. 3MB tried to attack Ziggler after the match but he escaped them.

* Fandango defeated Justin Gabriel in another quick match.

* Segment with Zeb Colter, Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger cutting a promo.

* Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk went to a double count out. Another long match at tonight's tapings. Paul Heyman was on commentary and at one point got attacked by Del Rio. Punk made the save and fought Del Rio over the barrier and into the crowd for the count out. Punk brought Del Rio back into the ring for GTS to end the show.

Add Justin Gabriel to the 'I Didn't Know They Were Still Employed' club alongside JTG

Gabriel does some matches on Main Event and was challenging for the US title on PPV late last year. He's nowhere near as persona non grata as JTG, who last got on PPV (excluding silly things like lumberjacks and battle royals) around 2008 with Cryme Tyme?

Looking forward to Orton vs. Christian. I know they had a long feud a while back, but that was during one of my drop-out periods. Christian has looked very crisp since returning, let's see if he can go six months without breaking one of his skinny limbs. I used to love Christian in 2005, and I was excited when he returned in '09, but these days, he's looking a few pounds off Christian Bale in The Machinist.

Gabriel does some matches on Main Event and was challenging for the US title on PPV late last year. He's nowhere near as persona non grata as JTG, who last got on PPV (excluding silly things like lumberjacks and battle royals) around 2008 with Cryme Tyme?

I believe that his last PPV appearance was when he beat his former partner Shad in a strap match at Extreme Rules 2009. I think that was Shad's last match with WWE as well.

Bit of a lacklustre show really. I don't know why they're putting Christian against Orton already. The match was boring too. Orton looked daft doing the 'missed' sideslam and RKO spots. As fun as the Tom and Jerry spots are Ziggler needs a bit more momentum than having competitive matches with 3mb going into a world title match. I enjoyed the little backstage bit between AJ and Big E. She's a bit over the top but she can be really funny sometimes. Rollins randomly gnawing at the camera at the end of the Shield promo made me laugh as well for some reason.

I believe that his last PPV appearance was when he beat his former partner Shad in a strap match at Extreme Rules 2009. I think that was Shad's last match with WWE as well.

No, he did a Raw, a Smackdown and a Superstars before being sent to FCW.

Can't have been 2009 though, just watched Wrestlemania 26 and Cryme Tyme were in the pre show battle royal. Guessing you meant 2010.

As for Ziggler, he hasn't had a promo or segment of any sort since turning face, all he's done is attack Del Rio in 30 second brawls or squash a couple of low level heels. The AJ association might be one of those things that WWE ignore and just hope the fans forget about it.

The Dolph turn has been a mess and has done nothing but fuck him further so far. At first he seemed to be doing the moody lone wolf tweener thing, now he's the show- off again, only now as a babyface? Fuck knows why they had Jericho flatten him with the codebreaker instead of giving him a handshake or some kind of babyface rub. The Jericho/Ziggler altercations just confused people in who they were meant to cheer and ended up going nowhere anyway. He's too mediocre a promo to overcome shit booking and his crappy finisher will never get over. Give him the Sweet chin music or something.

They should re-package Gabriel as FW Gabriel an apartheid supporter and stick him with Zeb.

I think PW would make more sense, plus there's always the chance of a great backstage segment if you put him with Zeb 'No Zeb you caun't!' 'Well there's no need for that'

As for Ziggler, he hasn't had a promo or segment of any sort since turning face, all he's done is attack Del Rio in 30 second brawls or squash a couple of low level heels.

On this very episode of Smackdown, Ziggler had a promo.

The AJ association might be one of those things that WWE ignore and just hope the fans forget about it.

On this very episode of Smackdown, there were two different backstage segments broadcast relating to him and AJ (their discussion from the App on Monday, and the one where AJ ran off with Big E) and the commentators talked about it for most of Ziggler's match.

Not watched Smackdown yet, but I thought Christian vs Damian Sandow on Main Event was really good. Not even sure why I watched it, as I had kind of pre-decided that it wouldn't be anything special, but they kept it interesting and Sandow in particular was on form.

As for Ziggler, he hasn't had a promo or segment of any sort since turning face, all he's done is attack Del Rio in 30 second brawls or squash a couple of low level heels.

On this very episode of Smackdown, Ziggler had a promo.

The AJ association might be one of those things that WWE ignore and just hope the fans forget about it.

On this very episode of Smackdown, there were two different backstage segments broadcast relating to him and AJ (their discussion from the App on Monday, and the one where AJ ran off with Big E) and the commentators talked about it for most of Ziggler's match.

Right-o, I haven't watched this week's Smackdown yet, not even sure the show had aired here when I made that comment. Good to hear they're addressing it then.

Archived