RIP Matt Borne

Ant

:( Loved evil Doink - gimmick went to shit when he became a goody.

RIP Matt Borne

He didn't have much of a run as a face, I think he was only there a month into the run before he got let go. Would have been interested in seeing how Bourne performed in the face position, although it probably would not have been much better as the character didn't have any depth to it as a face.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched him be a clown about 20 years ago, this is the most devastating news of all time I'm so upset!

Fuck off.

I've been watching loads of early Doink-era stuff recently and even though the character is seen as a bit of a joke these days, he did a cracking job with Doink, played the angles superbly and had a bunch of cracking matches. A pretty underrated guy, I think.

Was his Big Josh stuff any good? I haven't happened across him in my 1990s WCW hunt so far.

Yes, Big Josh was inexplicably overlooked. He had numerous exciting matches with the likes of Buddy Lee Parker, Yoshi Kwan and Tim Horner. Spend even more time on Big Josh than you did on Doink, Devon, you'll look really cool by cocking such a snook at received opinion if you praise that character. Now, excuse me, I have grieving to do.

At KOTR 93 when he appeared on the big screen in that mirrored effect, that scared the shit out of me as a kid. It's a shame they didn't keep him as a heel for longer, he was such an interesting character and they had a lot more things to explore, could have done some darker stuff too.

Anyway, RIP Matt Borne.

At KOTR 93 when he appeared on the big screen in that mirrored effect, that scared the shit out of me as a kid. It's a shame they didn't keep him as a heel for longer, he was such an interesting character and they had a lot more things to explore, could have done some darker stuff too.

Anyway, RIP Matt Borne.

Darker stuff like what?

Did anything come of that shoot situation with duggan that time? I assumed it was a worked shoot?

we talk about the shoot incident on my shoot interview with him

do you want a link its free

You've now shilled your interview 3 times in the space of an hour on a thread about a man's death. Do fuck off.

Go fuck yourself you stupid idiot,

Matts Doink stuff was legendery and its a shame he never got a bigger push.

• Moderators
I watched him be a clown about 20 years ago, this is the most devastating news of all time I'm so upset!

Fuck off.

I've been watching loads of early Doink-era stuff recently and even though the character is seen as a bit of a joke these days, he did a cracking job with Doink, played the angles superbly and had a bunch of cracking matches. A pretty underrated guy, I think.

Was his Big Josh stuff any good? I haven't happened across him in my 1990s WCW hunt so far.

Yes, Big Josh was inexplicably overlooked. He had numerous exciting matches with the likes of Buddy Lee Parker, Yoshi Kwan and Tim Horner. Spend even more time on Big Josh than you did on Doink, Devon, you'll look really cool by cocking such a snook at received opinion if you praise that character. Now, excuse me, I have grieving to do.

You're terrible. RIP.

Did anything come of that shoot situation with duggan that time? I assumed it was a worked shoot?

You've now shilled your interview 3 times in the space of an hour on a thread about a man's death. Do fuck off.

He wasn't legendary, he was a good hand and a good worker. He let his demons get in the way of his career, and never got back to the big time again.

It's a shame he's gone, far too young but don't paint him as some sort of luminary because you got to speak to him on the phone once.

And also, point still stands. The man is dead, people are paying their respects and you're going on about how you did an interview with him.

He wasn't legendary, he was a good hand and a good worker. He let his demons get in the way of his career, and never got back to the big time again.

It's a shame he's gone, far too young but don't paint him as some sort of luminary because you got to speak to him on the phone once.

And also, point still stands. The man is dead, people are paying their respects and you're going on about how you did an interview with him.

I was just saying my personal memories of him, I am sorry you didnt understand that,

I do think if Doink and Hulk Hogan would have had their Wrestlemania 1993 match

could have been a memorable feud,

There's no way Hogan was ever facing Doink at Wrestlemania 9, surely?!

This was Vince Mcmahons original idea but Hogan voided it,

Doink was then going to face British Bulldog but he refused the idea and got fired.

Archived