Metal Garage Match

Flatulent Dad

Just wondered if this match is unique in terms of the stip's. It took place in Jd' (Japan). Essentially; a cell match, ladder on top, with the Tag belts suspended above the ladder. Both partners to touch ground with the 'straps' to win them. Not a bad match as it goes.

23eaef259808180.jpg 6865d8259808182.jpg 7fbaa6259808186.jpg

• Paid Members

WCW had a triple decker cage, with Ladder match rules, which was also a 10 man War Games (featuring Ron and Don Harris) where you had to get the belt on top of the the top cell and then come back down and walk out the door using exit the cage rules. Each cage was filled with weapons such as ladders, chairs, guitars and pipes. Once you've seen that, nothing is surprising when it comes to confusing stipulations.

• Paid Members

WCW had a triple decker cage, with Ladder match rules, which was also a 10 man War Games (featuring Ron and Don Harris) where you had to get the belt on top of the the top cell and then come back down and walk out the door using exit the cage rules. Each cage was filled with weapons such as ladders, chairs, guitars and pipes. Once you've seen that, nothing is surprising when it comes to confusing stipulations.

But at least the right man won.

Don't know if it's available on-line. I got it on a recent DVD. You probably need to see it pan-out to judge how ridiculous or otherwise it is. [imo] They worked it pretty well, considering. Weapons were used inside the structure, numerous 'close calls', outside interference, suplexes on top of the cell etc. It certainly didn't suck. The event took place in Nov. '03, to put it into context. Wasn't sure if AJW did something similar, a few years earlier. Had a quick look, but couldn't find anything.

• Paid Members

Stew, Moj and Freaky off here heard about a brilliant fuckabout stipulation in America once (unfortunately they were only at the show where this was announced for the following show). IIRC it was a key on a pole in each corner, each of which unlocked one of four padlocks on a treasure chest at the back of the room, in which was the championship belt. You were only allowed to take one key at a time, and you had to walk through the fans to get to the chest, AND it was fans bring the weapons. Amazing.

This sounds amazing. It's the sort of match I'd always create with my wrestling figures as a lad.

That's exactly what I was thinking too, I'd always be doing over the top cluster-gimmick matches, usually ended up taking over the whole floor in the front room with all of the weapons and layout for the arena and match.

Stew, Moj and Freaky off here heard about a brilliant fuckabout stipulation in America once (unfortunately they were only at the show where this was announced for the following show). IIRC it was a key on a pole in each corner, each of which unlocked one of four padlocks on a treasure chest at the back of the room, in which was the championship belt. You were only allowed to take one key at a time, and you had to walk through the fans to get to the chest, AND it was fans bring the weapons. Amazing.

That does sound amazing. Id love to watch that.

Archived