Michinoku Pro: 20th Anniversary UK tour | 18th & 19th October

4FWpromoter

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wXw hosts a tournament 03 until 06 October, maybe you can bring in some of those wrestlers at a more decent rate. Among other ppl it features AR Fox, Drake Younger and Daisuke Sekimoto.

Re European guys, I can def recommend Sumerian Death Squad and Emil Sitoci (from the Netherlands), Steve Douglas and X-Dream (from Germany) and Big Van Walter from Austria.

For these shows I will be making use of the refunds offered, as Sasuke was the main reason for me to come over from the Netherlands. The news stated about a possible M Pro show next year with the likes of Sasuke, Taka, Delfin, Shinzaki is awesome, I will def be coming over for this one!!!

• Paid Members

Chalk me up as another for the Sitoci bandwagon, it seems crazy he isn't utilized over here that much, everything I've watched of his has been quality. I know Riccochet is doing the 19th with RPW but is he available for the Saturday show? Him against any one of Dunne/Phoenix/Mandrews could be fantastic to watch.

Am trying everything available, definitely won't be an Mpro guy, i'm thinking about running these shows as 4FW/Mpro shows, run the Michinoku Pro tour next year when Sasuke is better, bring in top names that couldn't make it this time like Jinsei Shinzaki, Super Delfin etc, if I did this i'm thinking it may be best to move Funakis date to when the MPro tour will happen next year and try Taka Michinoku again and work it so all are available, all up in the air at the moment, regardless the Friday 18th and Saturday 19th events will be happening, i'm searching out all options to make both events must see and not let anyone down, please bare with me, again, the matches that have been announced on the Friday will still be happening, minus Sasuke obviously.

Pitch some ideas, right now i'm all ears, anyone in particular people have always wanted to see?

The possibility of Shinzaki and Delfin in the future sounds great. As a fan attending these events i'd definitely like to see Funaki still. But at the same time i can see it from your point of view also. As i have no clue what people's schedules are i'm just gonna throw out some names i'd like to see with no clue on how realistic any of these are.

Prince Devitt

Ricochet

Colt Cabana

Mark Haskins

Noam Dar

I know the first 3 are around for the RevPro event on the Saturday (along with Tanahashi, but i'd expect that to be in the dream realm given it's RevPro's main draw lol). Obviously this would only be good for one of the two events though. Haskins and Dar are both great talents and both had great showings against the Dragon Gate guys in February during the DG-UK tour. There are a bunch of other US based talents i would love to see, but im assuming those would be a real pain to arrange at such short notice.

Yeah, that's put a real downer on things for me I'm afraid. And the offer of a refund is fairly redundant unless you're going to refund my hotel and train ticket too. On the bright side, I'm really looking forward to seeing Fujita Hayato Jr. for the first time, with that match against Zack Sabre Jr. potentially being a real cracker, and it still makes for a nice double header with Rev Pro in London village the following night (and a much shorter train ride on the Saturday morning)...

As for a replacement... a Mexican would be nice! Juvi?! Also I heard Cody Rhodes is looking for employment...

It's a shame Sasuke is out but in all honesty I have zero interest in Funaki, so I'm not bothered if he is pulled from the show.

For replacements there is a few imports knocking about that weekend, Ricochet, Devitt or Elgin would be excellent choices. Or there is a lot of top UK talent such as Haskins, Scurll, Robbie X, Travis, Kirby, MK, etc which would add to the show.

If you were looking to bring in someone exclusively from over seas, Sekimto or Ibushi

Whatever happens i'm sure these shows will still be fantastic. At the end of the day, Sasuke is only one man (As legendary as he is), so his absense only affects 2 matches over the weekend. Sure it would be fantastic to meet him, but i can wait until next year for that. I still get to meet Ultimo Dragon and see him perform live, so it's still soemthing to look forward to. The rest of the MPro guys on these cards will make for some great shows. And i'm sure any guys added to these cards now Sasuke can't make it will only add to the cards. As has already been pointed out, there is a lot of import talent around that weekend. Devitt, to me at least, seems like the perfect replacement for Sasuke (if it's a realistic option), as i think he'd slot in quite well in the announced matches.

Again while it's a shame about Sasuke, the matches you have announced for Friday are all incredible. I'd still love to see Funaki if available.

If you somehow get Daisuke Sekimoto I will......... I can't buy into words the things I would do willingly to see Sekimoto vs Mastiff live.

I'd say Daisuke will have to go back to Japan after the wXw weekend. He has commitments and his return flights were probably already booked.

Dave what would you think about giving GRADO a shot. God know's there's nobody as popular as him right now. Would be a fun addition!

Again while it's a shame about Sasuke, the matches you have announced for Friday are all incredible. I'd still love to see Funaki if available.

If you somehow get Daisuke Sekimoto I will......... I can't buy into words the things I would do willingly to see Sekimoto vs Mastiff live.

My only thinking with Funaki is if I bring him this time I wouldn't bring him again for the MPro tour when I run it, so saving him till then would give me more options especially if I can line up TAKA, Sekimoto vs. Mastiff would be incredible.

I'd say Daisuke will have to go back to Japan after the wXw weekend. He has commitments and his return flights were probably already booked.

Dave what would you think about giving GRADO a shot. God know's there's nobody as popular as him right now. Would be a fun addition!

Been thinking about bringing GRADO in for a while :thumbsup:

Archived