Michinoku Pro: 20th Anniversary UK tour | 18th & 19th October

4FWpromoter

Got back home at around 3am after 4hrs on the road, well worth the trip though. I thought night 1 was the stronger show, but the Mrs prefered night 2. So it's all down to personal preference i guess lol. The Swindon crowd seemed a lot more reserved than the the Kiddlington crowd though. It wasa great weekend of wrestling and we already have plans to attend the MPro shows in 2014 once these are announced. Bubblegum could possibly be my new favourite UK talent, the guy really gets his character and can go in the ring. 2 great performances by him over the wekend. Larusso had some great showings also. That finisher Kenou pulled out on both nights is insane, really has to be seen to be believed. But can't find it on YouTube. Really did look like he killed Davey Richards lol.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't go to Sat night as I was at Rev Pro, but the Friday was far and away the best 4FW show I've been to. The crowd was relatively small and a bit dead in general, but as the card went on the match quality was so high that it forced the crowd to start to react.

I thought every match was really good, Zack vs Hayato was epic but I hated how telegraphed the time limit draw was. I don't mind time limit draws and it would have made a lot more sense to have had Zack go 1-1 and then have a chance for a rubber match, but I can imagine wrestling politics probably played a part in the result. But it was too obvious it was going to be a time limit draw and such a great effort / war by both men deserved a clean finish.

The tag titles match was the best performance I've seen from The Lionhearts either individually or as a team, Kenou vs Takahashi was fantastic. the tag match featuring Ultimo, Ligs, Elgin and Bubblegum was good fun but it would have been nice to have gone a little longer to see some more interaction between Elgin and Ligs (UK promoters please book this next time Elgin in over!) and the main event of Kenou and Davey probably just about topped Zack and Hayato and it was another outstanding match. Due to the card not having too many matches everything was given a good amount of time to play out and the show really benefited from it. Also the little cameo run in by Dick Togo was completely unexpected and a great little suprise.

Fantastic show, only critasism was the overly telegraphed time limit draw, massive credit to all the guys on the show who went all out despite the crowd being a little quiet and thin. One of the best show I've been to this year and certainly deserved to be seen by more people.

Please bring Kenou and Hayato back!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived