Reid Flair passes away, aged only 24

SteelEdge

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on twitter last night and was taken aback to read Rene Dupree post "I'm glad he's dead", with a link to a vid of the Batman scene with the Joker saying those words.

I replied saying something along the lines of interesting timing, and he replied "ooooops".

Bad taste, complete ignorance, lack of knowledge, or cuntiness?

• Paid Members
I was on twitter last night and was taken aback to read Rene Dupree post "I'm glad he's dead", with a link to a vid of the Batman scene with the Joker saying those words.

I replied saying something along the lines of interesting timing, and he replied "ooooops".

Bad taste, complete ignorance, lack of knowledge, or cuntiness?

French humour, I think.

Such an awful thing to happen to Ric. If you read his book or listen to interviews you can tell he was so close to Reid and really proud of him.

And yeah, releasing that 911 call is a bit off, don't see what purpose it serves.

• 2 months later...

From PW Torch. Sadly no surprise.

Reid Fliehr, the youngest son of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, died of a heroin overdose on March 29, according to the official autopsy report released Friday afternoon. According to the autopsy report released by the Mecklenburg County (N.C.) Medical Examiner, the official cause of death is "heroin toxicity." Also found in Reid's system were prescription drugs clonazepam and alprazolam. "Although not present in any toxic or lethal amounts, clonazepam and alprazolam would be additive in respiratory depression and thus contributory to the death," the medical examiner stated in the report. According to the toxicology report, morphine was found in Reid's blood, which is the result of the body converting heroin into morphine. On the morning of March 29, Ric Flair found his son unresponsive in their hotel suite at a Marriott Residence's Inn in Charlotte, N.C. Reis was scheduled to join Ric at an independent show that night, shortly after returning from a trip to Japan to train with All-Japan Pro Wrestling.In the days that followed Reid's death, Reid's girlfriend and mother told the Charlotte Observer that Reid was concerned about returning to Charlotte because of the potential to fall back into previous drug habits. "If you know anything about addiction, the worst thing you can do is come home," said Reid's mother, Beth. "The drug (rehabilitation) people described it to me. There are heavy triggers to bad habits at home. Anything, anybody, can set them off.

Archived