Reid Flair passes away, aged only 24

SteelEdge

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats really terrible news, I was watching Ric Flairs induction into the WWE HOF and there is a couple of shots of Reid and the rest of Flair's family. RIP Reid

He was heavily featured as a 10 year old during a series of 1998/1999 Ric Flair/Eric Bischoff angles on WCW Monday Nitro:

He was also wrestling for All Japan just last month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oD2ZlKj0ik

Utterly terrible news.

Was he still in Japan? Or was he back in the states on a break?

still had his whole life ahead of him, 24 is no age to go out at

Back in the U.S. on a break, had his last match in Japan on March 17th.

Was scheduled to do 3 indy appearances with his dad in the U.S. this weekend.

• Paid Members

I remember when the nWo beat down David and Eric Bischoff snogged Beth, it was Crush who was given the job to take out Reid. To which he did wonderfully by picking him up on his shoulder. Used to think he was a right little cunt back then, but looking back he handle his parts super well for such a young lad. He was to good for WCW in 2000. I remember he was protecting his Dad and in floods of tears and got his hair shaved in a mental angle and Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden were just going "wow, what does this all mean for Ric Flair? My god" in a apathetic manner. I think the camera angles they used completely missed most of the angle as well, so Reid got zero credit for the angle. You had a you lad getting his head shaved and seeing his Dad get a kicking and embarrassed and it had hardly any impact because it was put together so poorly. A proper example of how the workers can only do so much in an angle. Shit production and poor commentators can really fuck an angle up. Imagine if CM Punk tied Undertaker to the ropes and shaved his sons head. It would be talked about for years. Not in WCW, though.

Goes without saying a massive shame. Especially for someone who isn't as strong as Ric Flair. I can only imagine what he's going through at the minute. I know he's a figure of fun these days, but this shouldn't be wished on anyone.

• Moderators

I hated, hated, hated, HATED the stuff with Russo in 2000. The bit with Ric getting twatted with a statue infront of his wife and mother of his kids, then pretty much tried to rape her in ring with Reid in tears, and then shaved both their heads was a bit too much and too dark for me. Reid was a hell of a performer in it though.

Ric's been having a really shit few years though, isn't he? Hopefully he finds some peace with Fifi the maid. They seem good together.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg police department has confirmed that Reid Flair, the 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair, was found dead Friday in a Charlotte hotel.

According to a press release issued by police, officers received a call for service in reference to an unresponsive individual at a room at the Residence Inn in SouthPark. Police identified the person as Richard Fliehr (his real name), and he was pronounced dead.

Police say there didn

Archived